If you want to take a day to get it out of your system foodwise, then just go for it. Also if you found it valuable share it with your friends using the share feature on the side! This means not weighing healthy extras, underestimating syns etc. I am so sorry for talking about this! It has a weekly round up, you can see what you've eaten and keep a record of everything. I gained as soon as I started exercise and couldn't shift it again. Speed food is a replacement on the plate, so eating this after the meal doesn’t work as well either. Having fruit for breakfast and a baked potato for lunch, then thinking a wee takeaway for dinner ‘won’t hurt’ wont cut it in the long run. In fact, I’ve been pretty much the same weight for a year! It's a tough job being a Scouse Bird, but it's the best job in the world. On the days I know I’m nearer thirteen stone, I think I look like a tub. (ie: fruit juices)Always remember to exercise common sense, stop eating when full.I have been following sw for a while now, have done all plans. Many of my friends have done slimming world and lost lots of weight so i decided to go for it as I am obviously doing something wrong. Hope this has helped! Alternative Ideas to Getting Drunk this Halloween, What to Pack to Record Great Videos on a Trip, SBTV: Cribs Glamping Edition – Welcome to my tent, Visiting Iconic Liverpool – With Peoples Ford & The All New…. And if someone doesn't get results despite following the rules, it can be really disheartening and they might feel like a failure. It's made out of soy beans so I don't know if it would be classed as a carb substitute on an SP day on SW? Yes. Is calling certain foods “free foods” results in increased consumption which could easily become a problem. I follow certain principles tho, like restricting my bread, free veggies etc. so this diet appealed to me as i can still have my pasta/potatoes etc. The ladies on this page and their success' will be remembered forever after being inducted into our hall of fame.Please remember two things when viewing these AMAZING pictures and reading the stories. Shock your body one or two days a week by having something small when you get up – just to kick start things. I tried this but I was on the verge of bankrupting myself every month as sadly my monthly paycheck doesn’t quite stretch that far. Write CSS OR LESS and hit save. Every so often, do The Cheese Test. The same thing happened with Aldi’s ‘Slimfree’ meals so they’ve renamed them as Slimwell. The Real Reasons Why Slimming World Isn’t Working For You 1. When I see lower numbers, I think I look skinny; but I bet in reality I look no different from week to week. part of me liked the support of the sw group, and the fact that everyone else seemed to be losing gave me hope! Sure it can work to lose weight in the short term. Medal winning pork product preferences aside, the most popular search query that leads to my blog is usually “why isn’t slimming world working” or other such variations on the same theme. They don’t play nice with others. But it’s simple physics – what goes in, must come out. Maybe I’m just a conspiracy theorist though. This isn't a good long term approach to take....living your whole life trying to work out how many 'syns' a food has before you decide if you want to eat it leads to an unhealthy relationship with food. Eating too little I just don’t understand why they can’t work together with other brands like Weightwatchers do. She sent me the list of ingredients and told me it had “4 Syns” in one. I hoped that sw would be a compromise, but actually it feels really restrictive. On the list of 'free foods', foods that you can 'eat as much as you like', are rice and pasta. 5. Add message | Report. i have made various recipes off the slimming world site, curry / chilli etc. I do count all my healthy extras. I haven’t written a Slimming World orientated post in a while because all my head space seems to be occupied with impending marathon panic, or ‘maranoia’ if you prefer. You either follow the plan, or you don’t. If you have any Slimming World magazines lying around, pick one up and have a wee look through it. That means I can have a treat but I count it within my calories. You’re Not Being Honest. Also, it was bloody expensive! Asda had looked at what foods were free on SW and made meals out of them. Maybe your body goes into starvation mode and saves the calories you are eating. It’s a new start, so make sure and have your syns and your Healthy Extras. Good luck with it as its worked so well for me. Everything else is free, and you can eat as much of it as you like (see point above!) Shameless plug… but it is my own website after all. The results can be surprising! c) It tracks progress through “weigh ins” which leads to people doing all sorts of tactics to make sure they weigh less at the weekly weigh in (This is not healthy and I’ll get to that in a minute!!). Share with Nintendo - £100 voucher to be won, Share your tips on how you style your children’s hair - £100 voucher to be won, Let’s talk kids and gaming! I think you're eating too many calories. The main reasons are: b) it makes people think a bit more about what they're eating and therefore end up eating less. The 1st week i stuck to it 100% and lost no weight...my sw consultant checked over my food diary and said it was excellent. Presumably you know how you roll in that respect, so work it out for yourself. I just know I dont get a bad tummy after eating couscous, but I do after eating pasta. ?It wont be the fruit. Please help, Hi I always struggled with sw particularly when they introduced extra easy, I put weight on then! To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account. Yes, have one day where you eat what you want, but for the other six days – respect the plan and it will reward you. The ONLY TRUE WAY to lose body fat is through energy balance. Im a size 16. YOU’RE NOT BEING HONEST WITH YOURSELF ABOUT WHAT YOU’RE REALLY EATING Because I wasnt 100% sure though I only had 7.5 syns the rest of the day so I had 7.5 left to cover the gravy, and any potential lurkers in the seeds. I reckon there are more syns in the salad you talk about as they are often full of hidden syns & it is often better to overestimate than under estimate. What do you do when they run out and your still hungry? this is what i ate today....can anyone point anything glaringly obvious out that im doing wrong....Breakfast - scrambled egg made with egg, splash skimmed milk and fry light with baked beansLunch - supernutty salad from m and s which has quinoa, almonds, a few pistachios, poppy seeds, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds (sounds like a lot but its only a bit of each and i counted it as a hex b), green beans, white beans, brocolli, i also had some chicken and tomatoes, then strawberries, grapes, pineapple, mango. Think Im going to reduce my fruit and up the veg even more and lower the carbs a bit. Load it with carrots and good quality floury potatoes, and simply graze on it. I just wonder of you are eating enough calories each day? I used to love snaking on those bags of Munchy Seeds, thinking they were all healthy etc until I read the calories and found they were something like 300 calories for a packet of about 40g or so. The search terms are sometimes fantastically random – ‘Jessica Ennis favourite sausage’ being the standout one for me! And therein lies the fundamental problem with Slimming world. That’s since May, so despite sometimes being anything up to 12st 13, or as low as 12st 2; I’ve been pretty much the same weight for five months. If you’re the type that thrives on having something to yap about all the time, then good for you, but think of the effect it has on the rest of us! Just remind yourself of what you want to achieve and move forward. Cut a slice, or use grated cheese, but estimate a 30g portion and then weigh it to see how close you were. #food, A post shared by Scouse Bird – Steph B (@scousebirdblogs) on Feb 10, 2018 at 2:14pm PST. If it doesn’t, well you’re going to be heavier. The Slimming World plan is designed to incorporate your syns, and whilst in the short term at the start of your plan removing them completely might speed things up slightly, in the long run not only does it starve your body of fat and sugar (which can result in larger weight gains when you go off plan) but it makes it harder to continue long term. Lots of stuff n slimming world is free, not the case on weight watchers plan. Other foods listed as “Free foods” include low calorie fizzy drinks such as Diet Coke, and Muller Light Yogurts. Im fed up, thinking of doing weight watchers but not too sure about counting points. As I’ve said before, it is widely thought that to lose weight you have to ‘eat less and …