500 Startups Alum. This is the Uber pitch deck used to raise their first round of funding, back in 2008. See our Privacy Policy and User Agreement for details. I think it's a great lesson to learn about learning how to project your company on the deck. Make sure to add the following information in your slides: You can download a PDF version of the redesigned Uber pitch deck template here, or you can use create a free Slidebean account here to use this template online and edit it as wished. Both are referring to Uber's 'Competitive Advantages,' which is a slide most decks should have... but here's how I would have solved it. WOK N' ROLL 8/13/18 WHO WE ARE WHO WE ARE Uber Eats is a food delivery network who's mission is to make eating well effortless at any time, for anyone. Originally published by Garrett Camp on Medium https://medium.com/@gc/the-beginning-of-uber-7fb17e544851. The Uber pitch deck template can be divided in three sections. We added further excitement to the presentation by animating each point, so they appear concurrently as the presenter speaks. Yes, Beautiful’s free presentation software even allows the addition of moving images! Underlying magic: talk about the technology you have developed to create your product. We took Uber’s original snoozer slide, added a vivid image and animated the bullet points. So, before we dig deep in our Uber pitch deck template, let's review the pitch deck outline. Examples of her published work can be found at sites including the Huffington Post, Thrive Global, and Buzzfeed. We added one heading, then created four variations, each with an image and text boxes highlighting a problem Uber solves. To engage audiences while the speaker completes the pitch, we created a slide featuring the brand atop a video of cars on the road. Required fields are marked *. Now, on the other hand, I must highlight how each slide has only a small amount of text. About Uber In case you don’t know… Uber is evolving the way the world moves. Mention how you will address the problem. These aren't 25 overcrowded slides, but rather, each slide touches on one specific topic with just the right amount of information. We also selected a theme, so every slide will already be set to add the same fonts, colors and a customized footer. Or very 1999. Yes, actually there is. 46,000+ are onboard already (No salesy emails). There's really no need to reinvent the wheel here. We broke up the text by presenting the same information in bulleted text boxes, each bullet replaced with a corresponding icon. check out the ultimate pitch deck collection here! It was founded by Garrett Camp, Oscar Salazar and Travis Kalanick. I would have replaced many of these slides for a step by step diagram, showing the process of hailing an Uber or telling 'the story' of calling a regular cab vs. calling an Uber. Our curated menus feature dishes from the local spots you love. One of Uber’s biggest selling points was its friendliness to the environment. Next-Generation Car Service 1 2. Plus, Beautiful.ai’s presentation design software features a library of vivid, public-domain images, fonts, logos and attention-grabbing animations. App social fundraising financial model in excel, Enterprise, consumer and SME SaaS financial fundraising model, Ecommerce business plan fundraising financial model for physical inventory, Marketplace financial fundraising model in excel, SaaS Financial Model Template for Startups, Subscription ecommerce fundraising financial model, 50Folds Excel Productivity Addin For Modeling. Why not create a platform that allows multiple people to share the cost of a ride service? Join 100,000 entrepreneurs who read us every month. Something went wrong while submitting the form. While there might be multiple problems, Uber provides a single solution to them all. Again, however, the resulting slide was a boring wall of text. After a San Francisco traveler first booked a ride with Uber in July 2010, Uber moved to New York City before launching internationally with its December 2011 Paris debut. At the beginning, Uber was originally called UberCab, and it has evolved from a simple idea into a major platform that has improved the car service industry. I don't believe I missed any crucial details, but I was still able to summarize this into a single slide, which is way more impactful. Is the Uber pitch deck better when it’s “beautiful?” Read on to find out how we did it. When the Uber team presented its original pitch deck, the company had only launched in two cities, but plenty more were already on the agenda. Under this premise, Uber was born. We recreated the original chart and beautified it with our chart builder, which allows users to create charts with customized borders, columns, rows, lines and individual cells. Maybe they weren't. Uber listed its future optimizations on a slide with bullet points. In this case, this Uber pitch deck used the US Taxicab market as a reference, a $4.2B opportunity. You will be asked what content is sent to you depending on your exact needs. If you love pitch decks, check out the ultimate pitch deck collection here! I think it's a fantastic example of a perfectly defined problem/solution combination: so obvious it's surprising nobody else saw it before them. Our revised pitch deck template incorporates professionally-recommended practices of good design, including a variety of customizable themes and presentation templates for practically any purpose. The market size should put the company size into perspective. But first things first: what must a pitch deck contain? TEDx Speaker. Thank you to the entire Uber team for turning a simple idea into a platform that has improved so many people’s lives . Uber’s founders made a great case for their company, and as with so many startups, they relied on a pitch deck to present their ideas and data. The 'exception' on this pitch deck, is that back in 2008 Uber's proposal was VERY new. A challenge I often see founders face is the ability to summarize everything they have in their minds into a few sentences. We refreshed the use cases by adding them to another carousel slide, complete with dazzling images from our library. Proposed solution: you and your company. Not a lot; but these were different times. Use this banker system to make startup emails work for your team, Ask dumb questions. There’s no need to invest in product if you can develop an app that links customers to providers, and it’s more economical for consumers to share the cost of a service. Were the founders aware of the potential the company had? Uber pitch deck 1. Slideshare uses cookies to improve functionality and performance, and to provide you with relevant advertising. If anything goes wrong, then the whole meeting goes down the drain. How many of the exact same slide can audiences bear before they completely zone out during a presentation? You can change your ad preferences anytime. 40-under-40. Beautiful.ai’s free PowerPoint alternative software features customizable arrow infographics. The Uber pitch deck template. Uber’s original pitch deck, which we retrieved from LinkedIn's SlideShare, might have been successful, but we have to admit it leaves plenty to be desired. Nine years after founding Uber, Garret Camp (co-founder) shared the pitch via Medium. The sharing economy business model allowed for the creation of businesses such as Lyft, Airbnb, TaskRabbit, Erento, CouchSurfing, etc. This is a market that could result in $1.3 Billion. CEO at Slidebean/FounderHub. Or maybe they knew and chose to stick to a more conservative, believable and sellable story. We took the liberty of redesigning (using our AI button) the original Uber pitch deck to make it look better. This is the Uber pitch deck used to raise $200k Seed in August 2009. I've always said it, and I'll say it again, you need traction to raise funding. Uber’s next slide shared important information about then-UberCab, but it was a wall of text…. In this Uber Pitch Deck template, you can see that they decided to start in San Francisco and New York, before expanding to other big cities. Delivery looks like an afterthought in Uber's first pitch deck, but it became its own "best-case scenario" business.