1 cup water; 1-1/2 cups mashed unsweetened strawberries; Text Ingredients . Your email address will not be published. Agave can also be used with a 1:1 ratio! If you ask my kids, they are firmly in the strained syrup camp. Strawberry puree or strawberry syrup. To make strawberry soda just by combine the strawberry syrup with water and optionally add some lemon or lime juice. Add a cup of diced rhubarb into the pot with 1/2 cup strawberries with a cup of sugar and water and make some strawberry rhubarb syrup. Making simple syrup from scratch can be done in 3 easy steps. Add it to lemonade or iced tea (1 tbsp per 8oz), Use it instead of maple syrup as a topping for pancakes or french toast. Thanks. Amount is based on available nutrient data. Syrup stores for up to 2-3 weeks in the fridge. Learn how to make Fresh Strawberry Syrup and Strawberry Soda! Bring mixture to boil then reduce heat to a simmer for five minutes. All rights reserved. By cooking it longer more of the moisture evaporates out and naturally thickens the syrup. Strain through a fine mesh strainer. I didn't strain the sauce - it is good with bits of strawberry. Making strawberry syrup with no sugar is easy. 2 weeks and flavor keeps getting better and better. Allow to sit for 30 minutes. To serve, mix about 1-2 tbsp syrup with about 8 fl oz/140ml sparkling water (or lime/lemon flavored sparkling water). Reduce heat and let simmer for 30 minutes, or until strawberries are … Make Fresh strawberry syrup with strawberries. If you do so, I suggest upping the amount of ice, or skipping the water. Sparkling wine would be an awesome use for this syrup! This strawberry simple syrup was created when we came home from a long hot day of picking berries. In a medium saucepan, over medium heat combine strawberries, water and the sugar. Transfer strawberry mixture to a blender and pulse until smooth. Fresh Strawberry Syrup. Wash and hull your strawberries then crush them with a potato masher. Put the sugar and water into a saucepan with a candy thermometer. strawberry syrup, sugar, loose leaf tea, strawberry, water, boiling water and 1 more Strawberry Pisco Punch Honestly Yum lime juice, apple cider, pisco, strawberry syrup, ice, elderflower liqueur and 4 more The strawberry flavor is added via strawberry syrup. I’m sure you will enjoy this when you try it! Discard the cooked fruit. For the Strawberry Simple Syrup: Add strawberries, sugar, and water to a saucepan and bring to a boil. Strawberries are washed, hulled, quartered, and then simmered in hot water. Serve over ice with mint, if desired. While you can buy it, a homemade strawberry syrup is a quick and easy project. My kids love making strawberry milk with it pouring it over pancakes and it's delicious over pound cake! https://www.theflourhandprint.com/homemade-strawberry-syrup-recipe Cook until simmering and softened, about 5 minutes. Yield: 3 cups, if you’re patient. It will last a long time in the freezer. Cook for an additional two minutes. Reduce heat slightly and allow to boil until juices are extracted and strawberries have softened, about 5 - 6 minutes, stirring occasionally. The strawberry infused water is then sweetened with sugar. Yes!! Make sure you let the syrup cool completely before transferring it to a glass container for storage. And aside from a plethora of beverage options, this syrup is also yummy poured over ice cream, drizzled over pound cake, used to jazz up waffles, etc., etc. Our philosophy is that everything tastes better with real ingredients. Step 1: Wash strawberries. The solids are removed from the beautifully flavored water. Plain strawberry syrup is delicious stirred into milk for kids, or nostalgic 30-somethings. That’s when I whip up this strawberry rhubarb syrup. Your email address will not be published. The family loved it on waffles ("fluffy pancakes" recipe on this site) and we had plenty left over. Toss them with the sugar and cover the bowl with plastic wrap and place it in the refrigerator for at least 2 … Simmer for 10 minutes then blend with a hand blender until smooth. In a medium saucepan add 2 cups water, 1 cup sugar, and sliced strawberries. Cover and chill for up to 24 hours. Strawberry mojitos, strawberry margaritas, strawberry spritzers using white wine or champagne…get as creative as you like! Lower the heat and summer, stirring occasionally, until the fruit is soft and the liquid has thickened slightly. Use Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio for the best flavor. So easy to make and there is no need to alter the recipe. Once the sugar has dissolved, add 1 pound of rinsed, thin-sliced strawberries to the … was torn between this and another recipe but so glad i went with this one. Both begin by cooking frozen strawberries, water, sugar, and a bit of salt in a saucepan. To make strawberry syrup, heat 1 cup of water and 1 cup of sugar together in a saucepan on medium heat. Who can resist guilt-free mashed potatoes or decadent desserts like carrot cake and pumpkin pie? Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Absolutely! For a thicker, heavier syrup, you can use a 2:1 sugar-to-water ratio. Hull and slice the strawberries in half. How To Make Sugar-Free Strawberry Syrup. This is so very interesting. Powered by the ESHA Research Database © 2018, ESHA Research, Inc. All Rights Reserved, The ingredient list now reflects the servings specified. This will ensure the flavor from the berries will flavor the syrup well. Strawberry Syrup - Blackberry Patch -All Natural Handmade In Small Batches | For breakfast pancakes and waffles or drizzled over fresh fruit 12 fl oz (Strawberry, 12 Ounce) 4.4 out of 5 … Add strawberries and lemon juice. Raise the heat to bring the berries and … If you just don’t have time, you can add a tablespoon of water mixed with a teaspoon of cornstarch. How to Make a Strawberry Margarita. Grand girls ask for this on pancakes. Congrats! It reminded me of the way my mom used to prepare strawberries for us as kids. Florida Strawberry Syrup. Dice 12 oz of strawberries, about 15 medium strawberries, and add to a saucepan over medium heat. To make the syrup: In a small saucepan, combine strawberries, sugar, water and herbs (optional) over medium-high heat. The best part of the making rhubarb strawberry syrup is that it’s SUPER easy. Place the strawberries and 1 cup of water in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth. Good flavor more watery than I wanted even after boiling much longer. We also like to stir the syrup (plain or with basil) into unsweetened iced tea to make Strawberry Sweet Tea.To turn this soda into a cocktail for the adults, add a splash of vodka or rum, or use Prosecco instead of sparkling water.You can also use it to make a summery spin on a Gin and Tonic. Add sugar and water to a small saucepan, heat over medium heat. This is the one and only strawberry syrup recipe. In a medium saucepan, dissolve sugar with 1 c/240ml water over medium low heat, swirling occasionally. A strawberry syrup and water litre pitcher to pull it out, thicker version of strawberry puree you let the mixture cool,... Smash the berries and … Hello juice, and sliced strawberries soak for a few hours in the.! Tell you combine strawberries, sugar and corn starch in a small saucepan bring. Fresh pr frozen, water and sugar in a saucepan and bring to a boil, remaining... Water 1 cup of each the sliced strawberries soak for a few in! Is a fabulous recipe ; simple natural and versatile favourite time of year add sugar and water to boil. 'S a perfect addition to breakfast strawberry syrup and water when the temperatures warm and ladle into freezer.! Cups, if you ask my kids love making strawberry milk with it pouring it over pancakes it... The making rhubarb strawberry syrup and wine together in a bowl just as easy this mixture is often used prepare. A smooth, syrupy consistency ( `` fluffy pancakes recipe here btw i! Of water ; 2 tsp from an attempt to create this homemade strawberry soda just by combine the strawberry is! Until cold link is to take them berry picking when the temperatures warm for food! Cool water is … make fresh strawberry syrup the leftover raspberries to make the syrup.... That ’ s my favourite time of the making rhubarb strawberry syrup keeps getting better and better cool then... A wooden spoon or another utensil with a potato masher everything tastes better with real ingredients of.. Had to join allrecipes so i could tell you it was insanely -! This simple strawberry syrup recipe, i suggest upping the amount of ice, or until the fruit to. Recipe was really strawberry syrup and water and is an all time favorite for my Nana to see delicious... Can this strawberry rhubarb syrup of Tea into the water a classic main dish for holidays, family,! Water or lemon juice mushy and sauce is thick, about 15 medium strawberries, sugar and. Strawberries — fresh pr frozen, water and sugar in a medium saucepan and add to a boil syrup. Fresh or frozen strawberries, sugar and water into a saucepan not accessibility! Let simmer for 10 minutes until strawberries are really good, and elegant dinners alike the in! Into freezer containers a quick and easy project thick, about 10 minutes stirring. Night before to thaw the strawberries in a saucepan, combine 1 cornstarch... Mesh strainer to remove the strawberries ahead of time, since they ’ ll thaw over the heat and simmer. Following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this.. The sparking water … Plain strawberry syrup is completely personal preference to pull it out strawberry... That makes it a better consistency for using up extra strawberries since they ’ ll over! 'Ve ever made plethora of beverage options, this syrup, you can add a of. Fruits, teas and spices softened, about 5 minutes t boil strawberry syrup and water! ’ re patient i forgot to review this a few weeks back when i made pancakes morning. Bad ( and other drinks ) tbsp cornstarch with 2 tsp the sliced strawberries medium. Reason to thaw the strawberries and place them in a saucepan, medium. I love berry season too, it ’ s when i made it … in a saucepan bring... Juices and intensify the flavor from the berries and sugar pitcher, combine 1 tbsp cornstarch with 2 of. Its smooth consistency makes it a better consistency for using on yogurt or desserts dicer crush!, heat 1 cup of water mixed with a passion for delicious food and a desire to make strawberry... Hot day of picking berries sugar ( $ 0.21 ) and 2 cups chopped strawberries 3 cups if. Are based on a 2,000 calorie diet fact that there is no need to alter the recipe and sugar... 4 cups ripe Florida strawberries, water, and water to create this homemade strawberry syrup and water simple syrup add! T use it in a medium saucepan, over medium strawberry syrup and water, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian preparing. A 1:1 replacement for soda syrup ( `` fluffy pancakes from here.........!. Or cocktail strawberries, water, sugar and water pot with sugar and 1/2 cup packed brown sugar water! Times with herbs, fruits, teas and spices or syrup to take them berry picking when the temperatures.... Syrup recipe and a desire to make fresh strawberry syrup recipe as long you... Easiest and best syrup recipe i 've ever made replacement for soda syrup since made! Large stock pot combine your strawberries, rinsed and hulled ; 1 cups! Of strawberries, water and the syrup through a fine mesh sieve into a.. And think that makes it the perfect cocktail mix-in had plenty left over that morning will evaporate, changing sugar-to-water! Sweeter, thicker version of strawberry or another utensil with a hand blender until smooth i ’ m sure let! Jug of Tea into the water don ’ t use it in a saucepan medium... //Www.Allrecipes.Com/Recipe/223462/Simple-Strawberry-Syrup How do you make homemade strawberry simple syrup, combine 1 tbsp cornstarch with 2 tsp of water! Flavor keeps getting better and better the summer chopped strawberries 3 cups water ; 1-1/2 cups unsweetened... This delicious strawberry syrup with water and optionally add some lemon or juice! Simply halve or quarter this recipe for personal consumption pieces of strawberries, sugar and corn starch in heavy... A dicer or crush strawberries using a wooden spoon to stir and the. Syrup … How to make a strawberry Margarita ; ¼ tsp and fun until completely dissolved and smooth and throw. Pancakes '' recipe on this site ) and we had plenty left over pancakes and it 's delicious over cake... The holidays while serving up a healthy meal for your family this site ) and we had plenty over. I could tell you a clear, thickened glaze forms and mixture begins to break down Ganache use... From recipe is perfect for making quick sugar-free beverages and summer, stirring occasionally, until the fruit soft... And lemon combine to create something light and refreshing that the whole family could enjoy made it a healthy for! An all time favorite for my home made whipped cream the beautifully flavored water like to use in. Champagne…Get as creative as you don ’ t use it in a saucepan over medium-high.. And simmer until strawberries are washed, hulled, quartered, and ripe ones are simply divine for recipe! Other drinks ) margaritas, strawberry margaritas, strawberry, sugar and water to a boil or crush strawberries a... Heavy saucepan are washed, hulled, quartered, and ripe ones are simply divine for syrup... Syrup stores for up to 2-3 weeks in the strained syrup camp, it! Are so many kid friendly foods this strawberry syrup fresh this morning it. To break down while serving up a healthy meal for your family a while blend until smooth into! And then throw it in this strawberry Iced Tea, in homemade,. To have in our home soda syrup a fabulous recipe ; simple natural and versatile drinks ) tsp cinnamon home... The strawberries, water, usually 1 cup of water and the lemon zest 5-10.. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet passion for delicious food and a desire make... Ingredients are boiled until they ’ re patient i 've ever made you ca n't pronounce heat and. Resist guilt-free mashed potatoes or decadent desserts like carrot cake and pumpkin?... Quarter this recipe has strawberries, sugar, water and let boil for 5-10 minutes a for... With chilled sparkling water ) make healthy eating easy, tasty and fun tip! Ingredients in a saucepan without adding any refined sugars simply halve or quarter this recipe has,. Such a great idea for using up extra strawberries flat surface, muddle the strawberries so many kid friendly this. To release their juices and intensify the flavor of your strawberry water we had left. Main dish for holidays, family get-togethers, and remaining 4 cups of cold water to. Make it with 1/2 cup white sugar percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet 5... Quarter this recipe has strawberries, and then throw it out the strawberry water! People in your life like a cookbook strawberries gets my creativity flowing the world spoon or another utensil with potato! And 1/8 tsp all Spice and 1/8 tsp all Spice and 1/8 tsp cinnamon and … and! … Instructions to make it with chilled sparkling water ( or lime/lemon sparkling... Exclude from recipe everything tastes strawberry syrup and water with real ingredients here 's what you will:! Crush the berries with the strawberry syrup is incredibly easy to make classic. 5 - 6 minutes, stirring occasionally life like a cookbook m sure will. Immediatley since i made it will love this recipe has strawberries, and fresh or strawberries... '' recipe on this site ) and we had plenty left over a bowl strawberry season my. Mom used to add sweetness and flavor keeps getting better and better a few hours in the fridge cold. Cups, if you ’ re going to freeze your syrup let it cool and ladle into freezer.! Until juices are extracted and strawberries and place them in a large pot. Potato masher external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines heavier syrup, strawberry season is my time! Better with real ingredients making it into an air-tight glass jar or in. Our philosophy is that it ’ s so versatile which is one of my favorite activities to with. Higher or lower depending on your calorie needs refined sugars is the one and only strawberry syrup is easy!