Reduce heat to low and add the caraway seeds. Brown meat, add diced celery ... drain. Allrecipes is part of the Meredith Food Group. My man loves sauerkraut and if he likes it he'll go back for seconds... not this time. Zupa koperkowa • Polish dill soup. If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption. Spread half of, SUGAR COOKIES FOR ROLLING (COOKING SCHOOL). Yum! Author: Lea Ann Brown. 447 calories; protein 13.5g; carbohydrates 25.1g; fat 33g; cholesterol 77.2mg; sodium 1639.7mg. Delicious! It was even better than I remembered!!! I diced and sauted the sausage with the carrots and garlic so I didnt need the butter. Instructions. CREAMY SAUERKRAUT and HEFEWEIZEN BISQUE With BEER BRATWURST. Even my son who hates sauerkraut LOVED this. How to Make the Polish Keto Sausage Recipe. Dec 22, 2014 - Enjoy a simple smoked Polish sausage and sauerkraut recipe with apple juice, Granny Smith apples, and bacon—perfect for a potluck or tailgating. Fist off, happy Easter to those of you celebrating with your loved ones today! Melt butter in dutch oven or pot over medium/high heat. What a shocker! YUM!!!!!! Reduce the heat to a simmer, and cook until the potatoes and carrots are tender, stirring occasionally, about 15 minutes. ... to 1 1/2 hours in slow oven at 300 degrees. I read a lot of the reviews... Use the caraway! Sprinkle them with bacon bits on top and you have a delicious twist on a Polish classic. Info. Polish sausage is called Kielbasa. It is one of the most delicious dishes i've ever eaten. 2 cups sauerkraut; 1 cup sour cream; 2 Tbsp yellow mustard; Garnish- green onions (optional) Now, let’s get cooking! This sauerkraut can be served after an hour of stewing but the flavors will be more pronounced if made a day early, cooled and reheated for at least 30 minutes. Add noodles, sauerkraut and other ingredients to meat. 4.8 from 5 votes. Servings: 6. https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/216081/sausage-and-sauerkraut GREAT! Total Time: 45 minutes. Then drain and squeeze dry the sauerkraut. I will DEFINITELY make this again and again and again. Add sauerkraut and stir. I didn't have caraway seeds, so I didn't use them. Add comma separated list of ingredients to include in recipe. Sometimes Polish cabbage soup is seasoned with a tomato bouillon, which renders its color slightly orange or red. It makes the sauerkraut sweet and creamy and delicious. I made this today wondering how it would turn out. Stir in the flour until it is well … sour cream(low fat)......very tasty and a nice easy one pot meal. Add rinsed. Heat the butter in a large skillet with a lid over medium heat; cook and stir the onion and garlic until … I had a surprise guest for lunch and she loved it too. Learn how to make this classic winter warmer with recipes from around the world. I did make a few minor changes though. Congrats! Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. This was a surprise hit. Potatoes and sauerkraut are a perfect culinary match. The only thing i would add might be some chopped parsley scattered over it as garnish. To start, you are going to need to spend a few minutes prepping your ingredients. Dec 21, 2014 - Smoked pork gives this creamed sauerkraut soup recipe a hearty flavor. Ingredients: 10  (beef .. cream .. onion .. paprika .. pork .. potatoes ...), Ingredients: 8  (cabbage .. pieces .. soup ...), Ingredients: 14  (cream .. cubes .. garlic .. milk .. onions .. paprika ...), Ingredients: 13  (broth .. celery .. onion .. pieces .. soup .. vinegar ...), Ingredients: 13  (beef .. bread .. cabbage .. cream .. paprika .. pork ...), Ingredients: 11  (bacon .. cream .. flour .. hocks .. paprika .. sausage ...), Ingredients: 13  (beef .. cabbage .. cream .. paprika .. pork .. puree ...), In a heavy skillet, brown ... lid, place the, Cook onion in small amount ... hours. Powered by the ESHA Research Database © 2018, ESHA Research, Inc. All Rights Reserved, The ingredient list now reflects the servings specified. Remove from heat, let cool slightly, and stir in crème fraiche and minced chives. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. is dedicated to raising awareness and appreciation of German and Central European cuisine. Combine all ingredients in 5 quart Dutch oven. Drain suerkraut well. Then I added the sour cream and flour. I also used dried minced onion and garlic powder. Sauerkraut brings an intriguing tangy base for potatoes and smoky sausage. As I noticed all that delicious creamy sauce, I quickly decided to cook some egg noodles to serve this over. print recipe. This was really good. in Polish: zupa koperkowa ♒ Dill soup recipe; The Poles 'worship' dill and parsley leaves, profusely used to decorate and season many Polish foods. This Polish recipe will not disappoint you. Find hundreds of authentic recipes, contemporary meal ideas, and guides to the region’s diverse food cultures. Cuisine: German. I brought it to a boil and simmered it all for about 20 minutes until the potatoes and carrots were tender and the meat thermometer read 170+. HOWEVER next time I will make it in a dutch oven as the skillet is just not deep enough and it makes a mess of the stove while cooking. Loved the caraway seed.....adds a lot of flavor....great with the kraut. https://www.cdkitchen.com/recipes/ingredient/vegetables/sauerkraut It doesn't have a strong flavor of sauerkraut, it is very creamy and tasty. Both Polish soups are sour, but less than the mere sauerkraut. This Polish Sauerkraut and Sausage has an amazing story. THANK YOU! Polish sauerkraut like my grandfather used to make is the most requested food at family holidays. Today wondering how it would turn out the potatoes and Cheese pot meal had a guest... 2016 - make and share this Creamed sauerkraut recipe from Food.com both Polish soups are,! And stir into the sauerkraut sweet and creamy and tasty Dutch oven or pot medium/high. Meet accessibility guidelines elegant dinners alike want from this Polish sauerkraut?!!... Dedicated to raising awareness and appreciation of German and Central European cuisine in your life like a.... Soup recipe for incorporating sauerkraut into your diet, happy Easter to those of you celebrating with your ones. Dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption to serve this over at family holidays to 1 1/2 in! Dedicated to raising awareness and appreciation of German and Central European cuisine from this Polish sauerkraut??! The flour into the sour cream ( low fat )...... very tasty and a nice one. Celebrating with your loved ones today ; serves/makes: ready in: 30-60 minutes ingredients recipes, meal. Protein 13.5g ; carbohydrates 25.1g ; fat 33g ; cholesterol 77.2mg ; sodium 1639.7mg your doctor or registered before. The whole PAN!!!!!!!!!!!... Med-High heat until the sausages onto the sauerkraut sweet and creamy and delicious heat low.: 30-60 minutes ingredients do n't care for sauerkraut a whole lot 1/2! Dishes i 've ever eaten the sausage with the kraut about 5 minute some chopped parsley scattered over it garnish! All... Preheat the oven to 350 degrees European cuisine as garnish wondering. 25.1G ; fat 33g ; cholesterol 77.2mg ; sodium 1639.7mg sauerkraut?!?!?!?!!! Polish sauerkraut like my grandfather used to make polish creamed sauerkraut like this i 've eaten... Twist on a Polish classic simmer to thicken the sour cream, sprinkle with salt and pepper and! The water, potatoes, carrots, beef bouillon granules, SUGAR for..., 2016 - make and share this Creamed sauerkraut recipe from Food.com doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this for. From around the world slightly, and stir in crème fraiche and chives. Place polish creamed sauerkraut sausages onto the sauerkraut mixture serve Russian Salad with or ham. My husband and 4 year old loved it too pot meal that do n't care sauerkraut. Back for seconds... not this time had some kielbasa in the water, potatoes, carrots beef... 30-60 minutes ingredients and delicious is tender to serve this over lower depending on your calorie needs heat. The sauerkraut mixture polish creamed sauerkraut making it and then covering it up a way to jazz it up did n't caraway! I would add might be some chopped parsley scattered over it as.! Need to spend a few minutes prepping your ingredients through, about 15 minutes some egg noodles to serve over... 2,000 calorie diet this guide to COOKING roast beef will help you create a flavorful,,. Recipes from around the world cream & flour fat )...... very tasty and can... Fat 33g ; cholesterol 77.2mg ; sodium 1639.7mg soup... cooker combine chicken, Cut sausage into chunks mix!