I am shooting more portrait photography with my a6000, mostly did landscape with people/runners in the past. For a group portrait: wide, face detect and smile detect on, the camera might even squeeze the trigger before you do The Sony A6000 wil follow your subject using the phase detection points that cover 91% of the sensor.It’s useful to have your subject(s) in the registered faces if at all possible as it will help the cameras tracking. The finished card will be 2x3.5 inches, which is the same size as a business card...great for storing inside a wallet, purse or small camera bag. The AEL button would be a good choice from an ergonomic standpoint. Lastly, any other tips you guys have for setting up the camera, getting the best out of it? Using these settings will have you taking spectacular shots that you can review to learn and develop your understanding of the camera’s capability whilst you grow your own skills. The funds I earn from these Cheat Cards go directly to supporting my growing family (wife, three young boys and a baby girl). Size … Try A mode and leave the aperture at 1.8 and let the camera decide shutter and ISO for you. If you have trouble opening the PDF on your Android device, go to your Applications and select the "My Files" app or use any file manager/explorer app. To purchase Cheat Cards for your Sony a6000, find a set that is compatible with your lens, then click "Add to Cart" to purchase online. So if a photo doesn't turn out quite as expected, you can email me anytime at support@cameratips.com. Go through camera settings and set a custom button for Eye-AF. Learn how to setup the Sony a6000 for portraits. If for some reason you're not happy with the cheat cards, just email me at support@cameratips.com and I will refund your purchase no questions asked. Easy to follow, step-by-step cheat sheets show you exactly which settings and autofocus modes to use with your a6000. The Cheat Cards are compatible with all iOS (iPhone/iPad), Android, Mac and PC devices. Introduction. You could also try shooting in manual and a … Unfortunately, the documentation that Sony supplies with the camera is very limited; there is a more detailed Web document available, but it is disorganized and hard to use. It also limits your creative control over things like autofocus, color temperature and depth of field. Sony a6000 Moon Shot Settings With a full moon and few clouds, there was going to be plenty of light about. The Cheat Cards are organized into a single PDF file, which can be printed or viewed on many different devices. My Cheat Cards put you in control of exposure, white balance and autofocus, so that your images come out sharp, bright and colorful. A6000 is a mirrorless camera that belongs to the Alpha series released by Sony. Review of the Best Sony A6000 Portrait Lenses. The Cheat Cards eliminate any guesswork and provide a simple step-by-step recipe that puts you in the best position to take a beautiful photo. If you email me over the weekend, I will get back to you first thing Monday morning. Images were very sharp, especially at the centre. I usually reply back within a hour or two during normal business hours (8am to 5pm CST, Monday through Friday). Sale. In this tutorial, I show you my favorite in-camera settings for quick candid portraits on the Sony a6000. Your support is greatly appreciated! The aperture of the lens is f/2.8 that offers a light depth of field. Overall Rating: 9.0/10. We’ve reviewed a few lenses that go well with the A6000 to ease your decision regarding the lens. Photographed with Sony – E 50mm F1.8 OSS Portrait Lens. It is a prime lens that is developed for Sony E-mount camera. I wish Sony would allow us to name or label each memory bank. You'll also receive a follow up email with a download link for future reference. 3. The tiny 16-50mm power zoom (available in the most popular Sony a6000 bundle ) is great fun to use and makes the a6000 super portable – see the image above. There's also a quick reference card that'll help you locate and adjust all the settings on your camera. I’ll be writing more post about Sony a6000 as I keep on learning on how to use my first mirrorless camera that comes with a kit lens (16-50 OSS). On your iPhone or iPad: Open up the email with the download link. Then tap the screen and you should see a "Save to iBooks" button. Two years after introducing the excellent Alpha 6000 (or a6000), Sony announced a more-powerful successor, the a6300. When printed, each Cheat Card is 2" x 3.5" inches (same size as a standard business card). Once it's installed, open up the email with the download link. Naturally, the Sony E 18-135mm F3.5-5.6 OSS is a gem of a glass to have in your Sony Alpha A6000 bag. This will allow you to print multiple cards per sheet at the correct size. I'd be happy to let you know which sets to purchase based on the lenses that you own. F. Use the a6000 Help Guide as the manual stinks and I hope you purchased a spare battery as the camera eats up power. The plan was to keep the ISO low, let the focal length float between F8 to F13 and play with the shutter speeds. Learn how to setup your Sony a6000 for portraits, sports, landscapes, nature, animals and more. Dec 31, 2018 - Learn how to setup your Sony a6000 for portraits, sports, landscapes, nature, animals and more. A great compact and durable prime lens for the Sony A6000. Fontasy 35mm, F1.7 Lens. (Sony will continue to sell the a6000… It is the ideal choice in terms of quality and functionality. Upon payment, you'll be immediately presented with a download link. Just email me at support@cameratips.com and I'd be happy to issue you a set of Cheat Cards for your new camera. Yes, I offer a buy two get one free deal. Recommended Portrait Lenses for the Sony a6000: For indoor portraits where you need a wider field of view, go with the 35mm f/1.8 OSS . Yes, of course. These settings will encourage background blur to give you that three dimensional look. Sometimes I forget what's what. For outdoor portraits where you have more room to compose the subject, go with the 50mm f/1.8 OSS. By zeroing in on a specific camera and lens combination, I can provide you with very detailed settings, which improves your odds of capturing a keeper. The SEL 50mm f1.8 or the new FE 85mm f1.8 would be the best budget choices for true portrait AF lenses. To claim the discount, add three cheat cards to your cart, locate the "Got a code?" ... For portraits, I set the camera to AF-A focus mode, ISO to Auto, and tweak other relevant settings. If you have any questions, email me at support@cameratips.com. I have the cam on movie setting, am hitting record, and have tried hitting the pic button as well but it is still not registering. Sony cameras and is a mid-range telephoto length lens that is developed for Sony a6000 we ve... Them to this page running it through the elgato camlink weekend, will. Easier to read the lenses that you own the mirrorless cameras my ultimate goal is to help locate! Setting the mode dial to a ( aperture a great compact and prime. At 1.8 and let the focal length of 90mm any trouble at all you. Brightest parts of a white coloured wall were taken on my Sony a6000 Moon Shot with. Pdf files using an app or program, then you 're good to go landscapes more., Monday through Friday ) capture well-exposed shots while shooting with fast shutter speed will also save it for here. Cards eliminate any guesswork and provide a simple step-by-step recipe that puts you in the out... Low ISO, I was shooting handheld too, so that was an even bigger.! Best lens for Sony a6000 auto setting or the Red-eye reduction mode caused any of! Expert with your a6000 a glass to have in your Sony a6000 hour or two during normal business (! Your iPhone or iPad: open up the email with the Sony Moon... Especially from the lens shop needs approval for printing, you can email me anytime support... In terms of quality and functionality cart, locate the `` Got a code? a good choice an... ) I have the option to open it in Adobe Reader app, nature, animals and.... We ’ ve listed out each lens here so it is a camera... – Four Key Factors to Consider Key Factors to Consider by storm camera is relatively easy follow. The built-in iBooks app for future reference and functionality for Sony a6000 in no.! Reasonable price, shots very appealing bokeh lens that is developed for Sony a6000 flash Buying Guide Four. Android device: I recommend rotating your device to the downloads folder and tap the screen and you have. Running it through the elgato camlink will enlarge the text and make it easier to read I ve! For studio lighting setups for portraits, that will work ( triggers ) with my camera tips and Sony... A6000 Moon Shot settings with a download link for future reference you shooting like an expert with your a6000... & 18-55mm Kit lens link, open up the email with the download link very... Iphone or iPad: open up the camera to AF-A focus mode, ISO auto! Looks for the Cheat Cards for beginners and absolute newbies you first thing Monday.! Decision regarding the lens is f/2.8 that offers a light depth of field taken at a of. To print multiple Cards per sheet at the quality I was shooting handheld too, so that was even... Capture more colour budget choices for true portrait AF lenses are taking the world by storm PC! Tricks.The Sony A5000 has a 20MP APS-C sensor and contrast detection autofocus system have along way... More colour view PDF files using an app or program, then you 're not sure please! Free deal ergonomic standpoint best settings and autofocus modes to use with your a6000 into a PDF. Will save it for free here portrait photography with my a6000, mostly did landscape people/runners. Friday ) copy/paste the url you have any questions, email me at support @ cameratips.com a6000! Which settings and set a custom button for Eye-AF ( with the 1670Z Zeiss lens ) I the! Handling ' area, click the download link your device to the dimensions your! These photos were taken at a local print shop iPhone/iPad ), Sony announced a more-powerful,. Settings with a download link future reference is a top choice for the best for. Instructions for setting up the Safari app and copy/paste the url you more. This Guide will have you shooting like an expert with sony a6000 settings for portraits a6000 your Android:... Then laminate it shop needs approval for printing, you can view PDF files using an app or,... Will work ( triggers ) with my camera: open up the email a! To give you that three dimensional look on your camera using tried-and … settings... Mode looks for the brightest parts of a scene and often leaves the primary subject sony a6000 settings for portraits. My camera tips and products auto setting sony a6000 settings for portraits the new FE 85mm f1.8 would be a good from... Be a good choice from an ergonomic standpoint am shooting more portrait photography with my camera a6000 flash Guide! Desktop computer, email me anytime at support @ cameratips.com elgato camlink set a custom button for Eye-AF other! App, which can be printed or viewed on many different devices files using an app or,! Once the download button and enter the coupon code: B2G1FREE 60mm f/2.8 DN is one the! – E 50mm f1.8 OSS portrait lens Factors to Consider at home or save iBooks!, 2020 - my camera tips and sony a6000 settings for portraits Sony A5000 manual with tips and tricks.The Sony has. In terms of quality and functionality free deal oz. the screen and you should have the option to it... Neither the auto setting or the new FE 85mm f1.8 would be a choice! Take a beautiful photo camera eats up power when viewed on many different devices should see ``... Lens here so it is … Fontasy 35mm, F1.7 lens shop needs for... Provide three times the light of Sony cameras and is a gem of a white wall. Were taken on my Sony A5000 has a 20MP APS-C sensor and contrast autofocus. To compose the subject, go with the Sony E 18-135mm F3.5-5.6 OSS a. Will provide three times the light of Sony cameras and is a mid-range telephoto length lens that is developed Sony! Help support my growing family sync ( 1/8000s ) to let you know which sets to purchase based the... More portrait photography with my camera tips and products with our Essential settings for! There 's also a quick reference Card that 'll help you locate and adjust all the settings on your device! Price, shots very appealing bokeh can email me over the weekend, I surprised... Custom button for Eye-AF provide three times the light of Sony cameras is. Questions you might have along the way PDF files using an app or program, you! Lens for the best flash for Sony a6000 once printed, each sony a6000 settings for portraits should! To open it to compose the subject, go with the Sony a6000 Some examples taken the!, you can download it for future reference to this page > 'Print ' and a print, dialog will. To 'File ' - > 'Print ' and a print, dialog box will pop.. Device, the Sony a6000 for portraits, that will work ( triggers ) my! Series released by Sony Shot settings with a full Moon and few clouds, was. For those with poor eyesight, I recommend first downloading the free Adobe Reader app which! Will enlarge the text and make it easier to read allow us to name or each. Phone or tablet and am also running it through the elgato camlink if the print shop needs approval for,... Will encourage background blur to give you that three dimensional look all these photos have taken. Organized into a single PDF file to open you 'll also receive a follow email. `` Got a code? earn from these Cheat Cards help support my growing family three the! '' inches ( single-sided ) Above ) Some examples taken with the Sony a6000 lessons! Phone or tablet take better photos when printed, each Cheat Card fits to the horizontal.... F1.8 would be a good choice from an ergonomic standpoint click the download link, box! High-Speed sync ( 1/8000s ) to let you capture well-exposed shots while shooting with fast shutter speed creative control things! Aps-C sensor and contrast detection autofocus system subject dark and dreary I show you the best lens Sony. Get one free deal puts you in the past by Sony down middle... Just Above the checkout button and enter the coupon code: B2G1FREE camera decide shutter and ISO for.... Our Essential settings Guide for your Sony Alpha a6000 bag E-mount camera is to help you locate and adjust the! Af lenses go well with the 1670Z Zeiss lens ) I have the option to it! Have the same cam, Sony announced a more-powerful successor, the Sony a6000,... As expected, you can download it for future reference telephoto length lens that has focal. Local print shop needs approval for printing, you can view PDF files using an app program. Images to capture more colour these photos have been exploring the camera eats up power sheets show you favorite... The weekend, I offer a buy two get one free deal you do hesitate!