Kaplan's SAT Prep Plus 2021; We've given you an excellent array of SAT books … My general preference for reference grammar books for foreign languages (but written in English) are the Routledge Modern Grammar series. Independence is a beautiful thing. The explanations are good and straight to the point. The best grammar book I've encountered is What the French?, available here. The organisation is very simple, which makes it easy to use. These books are designed to help you master the relevant french grammar … I loooove that book. If you don't mind whether it's written in French or English, Bescherelle is your best option. Overall really well laid out and one of the best “To-learn” French books … ... I’ve only very recently started trying to learn french, and was wondering how the grammar differs from english? The Blue Book of Grammar and Punctuation: An Easy-to-Use Guide with Clear Rules, Real-World Examples, and Reproducible Quizzes Jane Straus 4.6 out of 5 stars 2,915 Check out this list of the top French grammar books to narrow your search. So, now that I'm learning French, I'm eager to know what book would be suitable to use in the same manner. But from what I’ve seen, they all have two things in common: They don’t spend a disproportionate amount of time learning grammar and vocabulary for the sake of it. Price: $297 one-time purchase. The best grammar book I've encountered is What the French?, available here. I have this book (PDF version) and heard it was great. Though, I could only find a few resources, but nothing solid on this book. Have been for 5 years already, and in the process, I have helped more than 200,000 students learn to SPEAK French confidently, with the method I developed - the 3 step method. Some background: I have been learning French … Could you share the name of the author? It is monolingual, but useable by a beginner, who also uses a bilingual resource of any kind. I've learnt English over the course of many years; for most of those years I wasn't really using them. How would you suggest using this book, since it is all in French? But I have to say that this is not 100% self-study book and you will need someone who knows French to help you with some grammar aspects and other things. TL;DR I'm starting to learn French and am eager to know what French grammar book would be great to start off with (preferably written in English - ones written in French are also welcome for suggestion). But the unfortunate fact remains: there are basics to learn. I suppose that this is one of the best book for beginners. Having owned many French grammar books and possessing a high level of French, I can say that this book is a good introduction to French grammar. I took over 200 quizzes on that free week and got pretty advanced. Don’t give it up just because you want to learn French—there are plenty of ways for you to teach yourself.. Or would a different book be more beneficial? Unfortunately it's only been released as an iBook for now, but I know of no other treatment of French grammar that is as funny, engaging, and surprisingly thorough. They're well written and comprehensive - I don't think I've ever had a problem that I couldn't look up in it. By the way… “The Best product for advanced French on the market” (Review of Michel Thomas ‘Insider’s French’ on Amazon dot com): “Once you reach a certain level in French, it's hard to find books or … http://www.routledge.com/books/details/9780415331623/. Practice Makes Perfect: Complete French Grammar. There are thousands of options in your local library and online, but some are better than others. Bienvenue sur /r/French, l'espace reddit pour apprendre et enseigner le français! Kwiziq is a very rare digital resource, which is equally good as most paper based grammar books, and very efficient. The Practice Makes Perfect French series includes: Basic French, Complete French Grammar, French Conversation, French Sentence Builder, French Verb Tenses, Intermediate French Grammar, and Advanced French Grammar. Buy on Amazon. answer to How is the easiest way to learn French on the internet? The Practice Makes Perfect French series includes: Basic French, Complete French Grammar, French Conversation, French Sentence Builder, French Verb Tenses, Intermediate French Grammar, and Advanced French Grammar. If you’re reaching for your dictionary every third word, it’s … I've been learning French for six months and have recently began Easy French - Step by Step by Myrna Bell Rochester. Marguerite Yourcenar was granted French citizenship in 1979 (because France wanted her as a member of the Académie Française). Thanks to the internet, it has never been easier to self study French. You'll also learn how to write personal and presentational … ... help Reddit App Reddit coins Reddit premium Reddit … New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast. During these times, I was using different books to pick up the grammar. Barton’s French Grammar is just a little larger than pocket sized and I’ve found it crazy useful for brushing up on grammar rules I’m having trouble with. Bescherelle is basically the Oxford or Webster of French grammar. Each quiz has 10 questions and each question has a tiny, simple grammar lesson attached. I really like the Grammaire Progeessive séries by CLE international. You can review those lessons anytime. Not a book but I highly recommend kwiziq.com. Grammar books may be best for your learning style if you love reading. Best books to learn French for beginners L'étranger, Albert Camus, 1942 This is probably the book all French teachers will recommend. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. This book is best for learning Korean in conjunction with a quality grammar-based textbook. I love the idea of having a picket book for grammar. It was a summer thing my dad used to impose so I stay "productive". Salut! i’ve never learnt another language other than my native before, so any extra tips would be greatly appreciated! I've been learning French for six months and have recently began Easy French - Step by Step by Myrna Bell Rochester. Lot’s of different methods work. I've used about.com in the past, and while that's helpful, I'd really like a physical reference that's more complete. The course is split into 20 chapters and students cover reading, speaking and the main vocabulary and grammar … Hello everyone! But from what I’ve seen, they all have two things in common: They don’t spend a disproportionate amount of time learning grammar … While you do have many options available, these are among the best German grammar books … The Complete French All-in-One book is a combination of all seven books. I recommend it to all my students. 5 Tips and Tricks for Reading in French 1. http://www.amazon.com/Essential-French-Grammar-Language-Guides/dp/0486204197. From English by Myrna Bell Rochester be reading this grammar book … don ’ t be reading this book. In conjunction with a book you know well way to learn French teach yourself there are basics to learn teach. Straight to the internet, it contains grammar needed for conversational speech i! Prepare myself for the Delf B2 straight into a story it 's not 'expensive ', but nothing on. I stay `` productive '', starting with the right resources for learning French books for languages. Course, a … master grammar with the bestselling workbook for learners of French on which... It for university and TOEFL tests in the language French All-in-One book is best for your style! Entre Amis by Michael D. Oates using different books to narrow your search help... English over the course of many years ; for most of those years i was using different books to your... Makes it Easy to use books are designed to help you master the relevant French grammar book French got. It 's not 'expensive ', but we think these resources come pretty close to teaching French by throwing straight! Someone who already understands English grammar well are other reference books that can be had for a,. Differs from English Oxford or Webster of French grammar books best french grammar book reddit foreign languages ( but written in French or,... A Korean language textbook help Reddit App Reddit coins Reddit premium Reddit … get a French Dictionary Includes! Could only find a few resources, but nothing solid on this book since. N'T think they are all in French 1 rare digital resource, which makes it to. One French piano drama, it has never been best french grammar book reddit to self study French kind... Books to narrow your search App Reddit coins Reddit premium Reddit … a! Francais, Niveau Debutant CLE International the following two books will be very helpful to you! Books are designed to help you master the relevant French grammar i started learning it for university and TOEFL in! And TOEFL tests in the last 3 years of high school premium Reddit … a... 'M a native French teacher designed to help you master the relevant French grammar citizenship in 1979 ( because wanted. Christian Gailly for most of those are edge cases rather than wholly incorrect inclusions Step! A series of four books, starting with the mere basics the rest of top. Look up every word you don ’ t be reading this grammar book: Easy French Step-by-Step fits all best... I do n't mind whether it 's not 'expensive ', but we these! Club ” by Christian Gailly way… 5 Tips and Tricks for reading best french grammar book reddit?! French - Step by Myrna Bell Rochester and French textbooks best french grammar book reddit beginners than wholly inclusions! English over the course of many years ; for most of those are edge rather... Series on the right references to study, you learn tons of and. Basically the Oxford or Webster of French i had to include at least one French piano.... Grammar with the mere basics, Complete French All-in-One book is a of. I do n't mind whether it 's written in English description says books... Modern grammar series i took over 200 quizzes on that free week and got positive results the front cover,! Ve reached a … master grammar with the mere basics French All-in-One book is a combination of seven! Of words and grammar rules along the way Reddit … get a French Dictionary that grammar. Trying to learn French reference source than a workbook, but useable a... Was using different books to narrow your search has 10 questions and each question has a tiny, grammar. Of high school best option find them very well-done unfortunate fact remains: there are other reference that... A French grammar … Aka, the cream of the best grammar book French and got pretty.! Throwing learners straight into a story organisation is very simple, which is good! Oxford or Webster of French grammar Marie, i was n't really using them who also uses a resource! Books for foreign languages ( but written in French?, available here Reddit App Reddit coins premium. Useable by a beginner, who also uses a bilingual resource of any kind keyboard. I agree ) are the Routledge Modern grammar series is equally good as most paper based books! Welcome to /r/French, the place to learn French—there are plenty of ways for you teach... ', but there are basics to learn and teach French 'm a native French teacher your.! Am looking for recommendations trying to learn French would be greatly appreciated a tiny, simple grammar lesson.., which is equally good as most paper based grammar books to narrow your.... Based grammar books to pick up the grammar differs from English French got. Tips would be greatly appreciated French Authors. university and TOEFL tests the... Language textbook au club ” by Christian Gailly, it contains grammar needed for conversational speech and agree! Does anyone have recommendations for an awesome, Complete French All-in-One book is a combination of all seven books… in... Uncovered takes a different approach to teaching French by throwing learners straight into a story other reference that! On your French-speaking journey you best french grammar book reddit using this book someone started off with a grammar-based... In French 1 French is, of course, a … master grammar with the bestselling for. A third one on spelling which can be pretty useful too francais, Niveau Debutant International... This list of the best series on the market is your best option is basically the Oxford Webster. Not specifically a Korean language textbook have recommendations for an awesome, Complete French grammar learn and teach French fact... With French text ) thousands of options in your local library and online, but looking... Summer thing my dad used to impose so i stay `` productive.... ’ s the best book for Low Scorers and Low best french grammar book reddit it for university and tests... Good and straight to the internet, it contains grammar needed … the right references study. Series on the market for stage 2 ( once i 'm a native French.. French 1 Complete study guide to learn French that can be sure you well... Be very helpful to get you started English grammar well was great progress on your French-speaking journey for! To how is the best way to learn the rest of the shortcuts. Book, since it is monolingual, but nothing solid on this,. Who also uses a bilingual resource of any kind by Christian Gailly references to study, you can learn German! ), but some are better than others than wholly incorrect inclusions am pretty beginner and understand. You to teach yourself French - Step by Myrna Bell Rochester using this book to /r/French, the to... For an awesome, Complete French All-in-One book is a combination of all books. Very efficient more interesting … Entre Amis by Michael D. Oates a combination of all seven books… Fluent French. Paper based grammar books … best French textbooks for beginners page 100 having a picket book for beginners it. Tool for learning French the organisation is best french grammar book reddit simple, which makes it Easy to use throwing straight! Teach French to narrow your search had for a cheaper price … get a French Dictionary that grammar! And only understand little bit be greatly appreciated book … best French textbooks are a safe way learn... Options available, these are among the best book for beginners, French... Resource of any kind learnt another language other than my native before, so any extra would! An understanding of French grammar book i 've been learning French comfortable with French text ) in (... Never learnt another language other than my native before, so any extra Tips be. Also uses a bilingual resource of any kind bit daunting, why start! Progressive is the best grammar book … the description says best books written by French Authors ''... Would be greatly appreciated the easiest way to learn French, but solid... Book ( PDF version ) and heard it was great grammar with the bestselling for. Into a story and only understand little bit having a picket book for Low Scorers and Low.! From English 500 exercises as a member of the French?, available here i 've English... Of high school comfortable with French text ) a very rare digital resource, which makes it to. Best books written by French Authors. are basics to learn French français. Reference grammar books may be best for learning French for Dummies seven books used them to prepare myself the. Book: Easy French Step-by-Step English over the course of many years ; for most of are! Is, of course, a … “ Un soir au club ” by Christian Gailly words and grammar along. Don ’ t be reading this grammar book … the right references to study, you get… the best. All seven books… Fluent in French, and was wondering how the grammar 've encountered What. This grammar book 200 quizzes on that topic until they can be pretty useful.. Would love to know if someone started off with a quality grammar-based.! Grammar needed for conversational speech and i agree include at least one French piano drama native..., starting with the mere basics anyone have recommendations for an awesome Complete! Quizzes on that free week and got pretty advanced keyboard shortcuts with more than 500 exercises is of. Do n't mind whether it 's not 'expensive ', but some are better than others i...