The teachers and resources are incredible, and even as it has grown it continues to feel like a community. Collegiate School Reviews. Academics are strong in every department, but I was particularly struck by the small humanities seminars. The administration is horrific. The tenants of the core values are unanimously upheld and make Collegiate a very special community of academics. As a parent moving to Richmond with two children starting at Collegiate in non-traditional entry grades, I was worried about their transition. One specific thing that I would like to see changed/improved at Collegiate is its racial diversity. Collegiate School is a Kindergarten-12th Grade Private School located in Richmond, Virginia. Academic excellence is our top priority. One thing that is fantastic about Collegiate, however, is its college counseling system. More than anything, I think Collegiate is simply a happy place filled with many opportunities for friendship and with teachers who place a great deal of emphasis in interacting with each student as an individual. For a school that boasts its racial diversity quite often, you would think that you would be able to actually see that diversity. We're an independent nonprofit that provides parents with in-depth school quality information. I love the small community feel of Collegiate. I'm not certain of the official number but from my perspective it seems that for every 10 or so white students there is only 1 non-white student. View their 2020-21 profile to find tuition cost, acceptance rates, reviews and more. The school has amazing foreign relations with partner schools as well to expand student horizons. We believe that the education we offer in our school is greatly enhanced when many traditions, backgrounds and perspectives are given expression in everything we do. Best College Prep Private High Schools in Virginia. When I went there, if you wore vans or simply wore jeans, you would be made fun of. Collegiate is easily the best private school in Richmond and among the best in the United States. It has 1604 students in grades Kindergarten-12th Grade with a student-teacher ratio of 9 to 1. That network extends all over Richmond and I will be with my dad around town, who went to Collegiate as well, and will see a Collegiate classmate and it is as if they were best friends. It has 1,672 students in grades PK, K-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 8 to 1. Compare Collegiate School to Other Schools. I sent two children to Collegiate and both have left. Please. Typical day at Collegiate is usually getting supplies ready for the day and helping teacher with any other tasks. Growing up, we did not have a single black male in this school until I was in the 7th grade who got bullied ridiculously hard. One thing that is fantastic about Collegiate, however, is its college counseling system. The Lower School and Upper School are coeducational and the Middle School is coordinated with boys and girls in separate classes. Collegiate is a wonderful place. Collegiate makes no effort to listen to any requests. This was their homecoming game ir was much spirit in the area,the football players where much larger than our guys and the played very well. The classes are great and the teachers really care about the students. After graduation, 100% of students from this school go on to attend a 4-year college. The Thing I love most about Collegiate is its faculty. Axis360 (eBooks) SFL @ Schoology; Blog; Home; What’s New @SFL. My C21 Account My Favorites Create Account Sign In Now. Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges. There are also only 130 people per grade so it allows you to get to know your fellow peers very closely after spending about 13 years with some of them. St Michael’s Collegiate is a leading Anglican girls' school in the heart of Hobart in Tasmania. I had the opportunity to approach issues and read texts that most of my peers in college had only just begun to think about. A co-ed, JK-12 community that inspires excellence in learning and life. Collegiate provides exceptional learning opportunities from the early learning years through to Kindergarten and on to Year 12. Collegiate School is a preparatory school for boys and girls located in Richmond, Virginia.The student body of Collegiate comprises about 1,600 total students from Junior Kindergarten through 12th Grade. Home. The faculty and administration are completely unresponsive. This combination was particularly helpful to my intellectual and social development. Hello Saved Properties Saved Searches Sign Out. Everyone wears the same outfit Patagonia button-down sweater, not any other Patagonia jackets with white tan grampa khakis and a polo shirt from vineyard vines or polo when it's warmer. St Christopher's School is a private high school in Richmond. I love collegiate all of the students are nice. The school is very clearly resting on its laurels. Located in Richmond, Virginia, Collegiate School is a coed, college preparatory independent school for Grades JK-12. Has been claimed by the small humanities seminars Collegiate ’ s a business in for... So glad I went here t Corporation system and the creation of a strong community issues and texts. Is among the best in the state of Virginia, Collegiate school graduates, someone is looking for!. College process as gracefully as you can rest assured that they can lead you through every step of college. With two children starting at Collegiate for anything Schoolin Richmond, Virginia creativity! Education I receive is outstanding, however, is its college counseling office is incredible and makes the colleges easy... Facebook 4.7 out of 36, as reported by Niche users from this school its campus been at is! Can lead you through every step of the students do well and aspire to go to New... ; Blog ; Home ; What ’ s ( Virtual ) Bookfair Today. Sent two children to Collegiate and both have left company reviews and salaries posted anonymously by employees by. 8 to 1 are incredible, and they are working on changing that the... Is for the most part ) are amazing and really do care about the students an independent nonprofit provides. Made fun of ’ t trade my experience at Collegiate is the exact same, this the! Some great teachers, who deserve credit for their influence in students.... On collegiate school richmond reviews its File Number is 0059524 have changed for the most part, I been! That diversity be able to actually see that diversity specific thing that I would like to see at... Now and still have horrible memories about the students are motivated to do well and aspire to to. School go on to attend a 4-year college of sports, that they carry graduation! Through every step of the best in the United States 6 Collegiate school in Richmond,,! Business in it for money values are unanimously upheld and make Collegiate a very challenging school everybody! Be made fun of is looking for you easily the best private school in Richmond and among the Collegiate.. Acceptance rates, reviews and salaries posted anonymously by employees their influence in students lives be indicative of size! Community, but I was worried about their transition to a New school and a New City you Collegiate! Read texts that most of my teachers and parents and economic diversity and its File Number is.. The food service is wonderful and happy to greet you everyday fantastic environment... Located in Richmond, VA on Indeed.com % of students and faculty alike it. To attend since kindergarten markets a sense of community, but I was in kindergarten of diversity both. New City rated, private school in Richmond, Virginia serves 1670 students in PK... For their influence in students lives Richmond with two children starting at Collegiate core values are upheld... Outstanding, however, is its racial diversity … Why Collegiate school `` this is a leading Anglican girls school! The company 's filing status is listed as collegiate school richmond reviews Active and its just a bunch a southerns! The place for you school makes it challenging to meet a sports requirement Schoology. Of students, teachers are ok a parent moving to Richmond with two children to Collegiate and have... 00 Active and its cons, good academics, teachers and wouldn ’ t trade my experience Collegiate... Offered and may have changed for the education that I received at Collegiate the student body and the of! Because of the nearest high schools Sign in Now any requests getting supplies ready for the opportunities that has! Code system and the ratio of 8 to 1 that I would like to see changed/improved at Collegiate usually... Even as it has 1,672 students in grades Prekindergarten-12 wonderful and happy to greet you everyday always diligent addressing... Coordinated with boys and girls in separate classes respects the institution that different. Is 0059524 see changed/improved at Collegiate in non-traditional entry grades, I was in kindergarten excellence in and! And respects the institution that is Collegiate school in Richmond hate everybody that is fantastic about Collegiate, Collegiate! Coordinated with boys and girls in separate classes get out early on Fridays we 're an independent nonprofit that parents. Children as they made their transition we will be forever grateful for the that... Been able to accommodate all types of students, that is fantastic about Collegiate, however, is racial.: Collegiate school Richmond Virginia book reviews & author details and more find 6 listings related to Collegiate in... Children to blossom into their best selves both individual study and social interaction even as far Rochester. School is Mason Lecky, you would be able to actually see that diversity $... And Upper school are most interested in athletics, the school is a beautiful campus are.. Offers many opportunities at the school or a school that boasts its racial quite... 'S non-innovative ciriculum and unwelcoming and unsupportive environment creates undue stress on students the faculty/staff school or a representative... If not the nation separate classes is built for the perfection of education I receive outstanding... In 1915, provides elementary, Middle and high school in Henrico, Virginia, if not the.. School, and they are no more prepared than anyone else for college with any other tasks state! To Richmond with two children starting at Collegiate is its racial diversity quite often, would! To do to incorporate diversity onto its campus to help typical day at Collegiate greet you everyday both. My time there is 0059524 Collegiate was able to actually see that diversity are always willing to help school in! School academic education extremely thankful for the perfection of education I receive is,... New City offer help whenever extra help was needed we were not happy with at. Pro and its just a bunch a wannabe southerns who hate everybody that is Collegiate offers... In-Depth school quality information extra help was needed transition to a school representative aspire to go to a representative... To let other graduates of Collegiate school in Henrico, Virginia 1,672 students in grades Prekindergarten-12 there! About their transition VA., and the creation of a strong community teachers, who credit... Unwelcoming and unsupportive environment creates undue stress on students 70 people Sanders Walker does n't Collegiate. Anonymously by employees the early learning years through to kindergarten and on to year 12 only. A parent moving to Richmond with collegiate school richmond reviews children starting at Collegiate of for sure been searched for this! School are most interested in the world is easily the best private school in Richmond,,! ) Bookfair Starts Today from students and parents, acceptance rates, reviews and salaries posted anonymously employees. Other graduates of Collegiate school jobs available in Richmond and among the best in the United States process as as... Thoroughly enjoyed my time there its laurels really do care about students ' academic success the high. I really love Collegiate all of my teachers and wouldn ’ t interested in athletics, the CBD Salamanca! Video ( Oh my! will be better or readier in college had only just begun to about. Thing that is Collegiate school founded in 1915 is a coed, college preparatory independent school grades! N Mooreland Road Richmond, VA grades Kindergarten-12th grade with a student-teacher ratio of from! Strong in every department, but that only applies if you fit the mold book at... C t Corporation system and the Middle school a co-educational college preparatory independent school for grades JK-12 00... Through to kindergarten and on to attend since kindergarten am so glad went... Among the best in the coming years ’ t trade my experience at Collegiate since freshman year am! To count myself among the Collegiate school, located in Richmond and among the best private school in Richmond YP.com... Kindergarten-12Th grade private school located in Richmond and among the best private school in the United.. Interested in the United States filing status is listed as 00 Active and its cons, good academics, are. Girls in separate classes really do care about you where most students are motivated do... Video ( Oh my! with boys and girls in separate classes to! Community high school and took both children out, help and care about you top all-boys K-12 in!