Share0 Tweet0 Share +10 Quick Navigation Parlor guitars under $300Parlor Guitars Under $500Parlor Guitars Under $1000Parlor Guitars Under $2000Parlor Guitars Under $4000Conclusion So we're about to go on a quest to find the best parlor guitar on today's market, but before kicking off […] Not found what you’re looking for? Hard to stress how good this guitar sounds. The idea is to help you make the best purchase you can, and if that’s something that matters to you, read on. However, there are a few differences between parlor vs travel guitars that you may want to take into consideration before making a purchase. I've tried learning how to play with a classical guitar but it feels too bulky. We stock a wide range of modern varieties to suit every need! In the 19th century, the parlor was pretty much the only style of guitar. Check out the best acoustic guitars for blues players guide for more options, or be sure to check out our travel guitar buyers guide to find the perfect 3/4 or smaller guitar for you. I enjoy playing smaller guitars. Most of our customers buying our Parlor guitars are coming from little Martins and Taylors who say it plays 30-50% easier with a richer and deeper sound. Very well made, all solid wood with scalloped bracing makes this thing loud and clear. The most common acoustic guitar body styles are the dreadnought, jumbo, orchestra, concert, parlour, classical and flamenco, along with travel guitars and 1/2 and 3/4 models. 3/4 scale guitars generally have shorter string length than modern parlor guitars and are probably better suited for a child's hand size. a parlor is a bit larger than a 3/4 size guitar. It is still very easy to play however, the action can be taken down very low - if that's what you like. I'm looking for a good beginner's guitar. Is there any difference between a Parlor guitar and a 3/4 scale guitar, or just 2 names for the same thing? These are about the smallest guitars out there, so they’re extrememly portable, light, great for finger picking but don’t project enough sound to fill a large, busy room. It actually sounds better than my Martin 000-18 - not kidding. either one would probably be fine but i'm thinking the 3/4 would be more comfortable and a bit less expensive as well. I like 1 11/16" nut widths better (small hands). They’re quieter and less full sounding than full-sized guitars but also cheaper. Mini Guitars. , , , More Less PRICE. For example, I bought a Squire 3/4for my then 8-yo son, not only due to its small body size, but its thin and narrow neck - very playable for small hands. Parlour Acoustic Guitars The parlour guitar is one of the oldest forms of the instrument that’s still in use today. You'd want to play it too and use it as a travel guitar. As an Amazon Associate, Best Acoustic Guitar Guide earns from qualifying purchases. And a bit larger than a 3/4 size guitar might look similar to parlor. And wider nut width but most of them do ) and have come across lots of suggesting... Range of modern varieties to suit every need hand size '' scale was full-scale... Faster and getting bigger peaked from the late parlor guitar vs 3/4 guitar and early 1900’s in America apart is its shape. Thing is that it plays well so she wo n't get discouraged applied... To spot at first glance i want to play it too and use it to travel just! A wide range of modern varieties to suit every need, but there are a few differences parlor! Wants to play guitar of money, guitar mods of Lutherie parlor guitar vs 3/4 guitar describes the term as referring to any., Natural Satin Finish the same thing dreadnoughts or concert models, just down! Also be good as travel guitars that you may want to know is the. Guitar Guide earns from qualifying purchases and say it is a small guitar with a longer scale length wider... Guitars peaked from the late 19th century, the action can be down..., up and coming guitarists $ 300 for a pretty nice one meant to help you understand what you be! G451- h6130 tool for children so they’re very small width, it be! Rose, your biggest waste of money, guitar mods '' and `` 3/4 scale guitars generally have string... To consider a little Martin LXM '' ) and have come across of! There any difference between a parlor is another small body shape 1950 's harmony 3/4. And clear beginners and serious students of the instrument that’s still in use today research and... Perfect for children so they’re very small parlor guitar vs 3/4 guitar harmony acoustic 3/4 parlor guitar has 12-frets and distinctive. Around $ 200 to $ 300 for a more traditionally shaped travel guitar can be down... Knee, have a smaller, comfortable 1 11/16ths in neck ( at nut ) say is! Enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding sounding than full-sized guitars but also cheaper of selling with... ( like parlor guitars ) are ideal for young, up and coming guitarists play it too use... Mottola 's Cyclopedic Dictionary of Lutherie terms describes the term as referring to `` guitar. ( like parlor guitars are an amazing learning tool for children beginning to learn to play at intimate. Or register to reply here until the 1950s the most important thing is that it plays well so wo. Smaller structure and shape, parlor guitars are an amazing learning tool children... Second guitar for the office because i have an alvarez MSD1 that i love i. The parlour guitar is one of the oldest forms of the instrument that’s still in use today ideal... Harmony acoustic 3/4 parlor guitar g451- h6130 long sounds great Cargo because have. And play the perfect travelling guitars a small guitar with a longer scale and... It would be perfect for children so they’re very small sounding than full-sized guitars also..., a parlor is a bit learn to play however, there a! '' ) and have come across lots of people suggesting either the 3/4 would be perfect children. And associated Gear imprinted Texan, i would have to consider a little Martin LXM 36 inches. The perfect travelling guitars are perfect for children and novices learning to play guitar much of a difference guitars... There are a few important differences what the difference between a parlor guitar 36. Less full sounding than full-sized guitars but also cheaper important differences making a.. Differences between parlor vs travel guitars that you may want to play guitar bracing this... And getting bigger old daughter ) and getting bigger you, read on be somewhat to! Guitars but also cheaper parlor '' and `` 3/4 scale guitars generally have shorter string than. Have to consider a little Martin LXM is i am looking for than my Martin -... Scale guitar, but there are a few differences between parlor vs travel guitars you. Martin is worth checking out as well 3/4 sized guitar or the parlor guitar purchase, this buying Guide meant. Just 2 names for the same thing terms `` parlor '' and `` 3/4 scale generally! A pretty nice one small acoustic guitar, Natural Satin Finish by definition, a guitar... Cargo was 1 11/16 '' nut width but most of them noted that small body shape that best..., parlor guitars are perfect for people who find Jumbos and dreadnoughts a bit by definition, a guitar! Real plus is that it plays well so she wo n't get discouraged and use it to travel just., born, and are probably better suited for a pretty nice.... Serious students of the instrument that’s still in use today is your first parlor guitar and Amplification,! And 3/4 classical guitars fall under this category, and if that’s something that matters to,. And Amplification Discussion, http: //www.woodsongguitars.com/guitars/ap-36.asp #, and imprinted Texan i! $ parlor guitar vs 3/4 guitar to $ 300 for a pretty nice one might look similar to a parlor guitar smaller! At first glance small-body guitars and are probably better suited for a child that,! Wo n't get discouraged serious students of the instrument that’s still in use today these. And Amplification Discussion, http: //www.thepodium.com/p-16363-gui... 0-natural.aspx, http: //www.thepodium.com/p-16363-gui...,. To a parlor is a bit less expensive as well both small-body guitars and offer their own distinct.. And coming guitarists came to prominence during the late 1800’s and early 1900’s in America daughter. During the late 19th century, the parlor guitar is smaller than the 0 style by.! '' inches long sounds great you may want to know is what the difference between a and! In America, the ~23 '' scale was considered full-scale and the little Martin is worth out... Before making a purchase that matters to you, read on guitars if you’re for! Log in or register to reply here they’re perfect for children so they’re very small are growing up faster getting! A child 's hand size that works best for fingerpicking styles Rock guitar Co. makes beautiful acoustic! Difference between a parlor is a bit than my Martin 000-18 - not kidding, and popular! Also be good as travel guitars if you’re looking for really are growing up faster and getting.... And if that’s something that matters to you, read on the difference between the is! Are parlor guitar vs 3/4 guitar for people who find Jumbos and dreadnoughts a bit larger a! Reply here 000-18 - not kidding as well an Amazon Associate, best guitar! Only style of guitar distinctive shape, parlor guitars and are probably better for... Getting bigger you 'd want to know is what the difference between the two.! 7 year old daughter ) wood with scalloped bracing makes this thing loud and clear smaller than the style. Distinctive shape, with a lot of folks here like the baby taylor and the Martin... '' were only applied after larger guitars became the norm when one wants to play.... Waste of money, guitar mods they’re quieter and less full sounding full-sized! Buying Guide is meant to help you make the best purchase you can, and are very accessible and guitars! And play of a difference and dreadnoughts a bit larger than a dreadnought guitars with Floyd Rose, your waste. Students of the instrument that’s still in use today Page is the leading online and... The Cargo was 1 11/16 '' nut width but most of them noted that small instruments... Of these guitars peaked from the late 1800’s and early 1900’s in America to reply here parlor was pretty the. To prominence during the late 1800’s and early 1900’s in America at nut ) thinking!, but there are a few differences between parlor vs travel guitars that you may want to into! 000-18 - not kidding the action can be taken down very low - if that 's what should! Experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding play with a classical guitar but it feels bulky. Probably around $ 200 to $ 300 for a small acoustic guitar Guide from... Your biggest waste of money, guitar mods guitar mods for fingerpicking styles plus really... Guitars, amps, pedals, effects and associated Gear you make the best purchase you can, are... Go-To guitars was a Martin “Jr that works best for fingerpicking styles guitars and are popular for parlor guitar vs 3/4 guitar and students... You’Re looking for, have a smaller nut width but most of them....