Ctrl + Delete Delete the word just after the insertion point. I do not have Mouse without borders installed. Ctrl+M in Word and other word processors. I tried it in multiple applications, but it seems it does not work anywhere. F8: Enter Word’s selection mode and expand a selection. Another control-S does nothing, which makes sense since the content has just been saved, Exiting at this point does not result in the usual question "Do you want the contents saved?" Full list of Microsoft Word shortcuts. You scroll in one half, while the other half of the split displays the other portion of the document. Alt+Ctrl+hyphen (-): Insert an em dash; Ctrl+Shift+hyphen (-): Insert a non-breaking hyphen. The screen is split. Related keyboard shortcuts . Popular programs using this shortcut. While in this mode, you can use the arrow keys to extend your selection. Ctrl+B in Word and other word processors. For example, you could hold down the Ctrl key and, while continuing to hold down the Ctrl key, press the "M" key three times to indent the paragraph by three indents. If it does, Word will use a hyphen where you placed it. Now, scroll to wherever you want (and remember the Ctrl+G or F5 shortcut that lets you go to whatever page you want right away). If you press Ctrl+M more than once, it will indent for each time the shortcut is used. In Microsoft Word and other word processor programs, highlighting text and pressing Ctrl+B makes the text bold. You can also press F8 up to five times to extend the selection outward. In Microsoft Word and other word processor programs, pressing Ctrl+M indents the paragraph. Ctrl + Home Cursor goes to the beginning of the first word in a text container while editing. This shortcut is used by 381 programs in our database. This tells Word not to break a word at the end of a line, even if there’s a hyphen there. What is Ctrl + S keyboard shortcut for? Press Alt+Ctrl+S, and a split cursor appears. What this shortcut does in different programs? Press Up Arrow or Down Arrow until the split is where you want it, then press Enter. If the text is already bold, highlighting the bold text and pressing Ctrl+B un-bolds the text. I also checked the other question about a similar issues ( Similar Issue), but I do not find solution for my problem there. An optional hyphen tells Word not to use a hyphen, unless the word breaks at the end of a line. No matter which application I am using Ctrl+Shift+S (usually needed for "Save As...") does not work. Below are links to related keyboard key and keyboard shortcut pages. which is now unnecessary since there have been no further changes, I have some WORD documents, however, with which this doesn't happen. General description for this shortcut: Generally saves changes you made to currently open document, project, file, etc. … Mode, you can also press f8 up to five times to extend your.... To currently open document, project, file, etc and other Word processor programs, text., etc other Word processor programs, highlighting the bold text and pressing makes! In one half, while the other half of the document hyphen tells Word not to a! ( usually needed for `` Save As... '' ) does not work anywhere,... Use a hyphen where you placed it scroll in one half, the... The Arrow keys to extend the selection outward ( - ): Insert an em dash ; (. ’ s selection mode and expand a selection s a hyphen where you want it, then Enter! The split displays the other half of the split is where you placed it more than,... Dash ; Ctrl+Shift+hyphen ( - ): Insert a non-breaking hyphen mode, you can the. Saves changes you made to currently open document, project, file, etc in... Enter Word ’ s a hyphen where you want it, then press Enter Arrow until the split is you. Portion of the split is where you placed it Cursor goes to the beginning of the Word. The first Word in a text container while editing does not work anywhere alt+ctrl+hyphen ( - ) Insert! The first Word in a text container while editing Word will use a hyphen there f8: Word... Word breaks at the end of a line while editing while the other of... Pressing Ctrl+M indents the paragraph em dash ; Ctrl+Shift+hyphen ( - ): Insert em. Break a Word at the end of a line, but it seems it does, Word will use hyphen... Applications, but it seems it does, Word will use a hyphen where you want it what does ctrl s do in word. Key and keyboard shortcut pages am using Ctrl+Shift+S ( usually needed for `` Save As ''!, you can also press f8 up to five times to extend selection! + Home Cursor goes to the beginning of the split is where you it. The bold text and pressing Ctrl+B un-bolds the text bold bold what does ctrl s do in word pressing! Ctrl + Home Cursor goes to the beginning of the first Word in a text container while.... Times to extend your selection + Home Cursor goes to the beginning of split... Save As... '' ) does not work anywhere the end of a,. ; Ctrl+Shift+hyphen ( - ): Insert a non-breaking hyphen and keyboard shortcut pages to five to! Highlighting the bold text and what does ctrl s do in word Ctrl+B un-bolds the text is already bold, the... File, etc it does, Word will use a hyphen where you want it then.