Snap-on presser foot. The narrower width of the seam makes for less bulk in the quilt. Watch the video below or on my YouTube channel to see the options available when you want to stitch a 1/4" seam. Or get 4-5 business-day shipping on this item for $5.99 . I love the Straight Stitch needle plate and 1/4 inch seam foot. 4.7 out of 5 stars 184 ratings. A scant 1/4″ seam allowance is a seam allowance that is ever so slightly narrower than one 1/4″ inch. A scant 1/4″ compensates for the loss of some fabric in the folds of a seam, so that the dimensions of your block remain true. A few of the fibres of the fabric that get swallowed up in that dip. A popular foot with patchworkers for that essential 1/4 inch seam. You can notice here that where the seam folds in, the top of the assembly dips a little. They make sewing straight lines a joy. Easy to adjust the needle for scant 1/4" 5 Best investment ever! Silent scream. Price: $12.95 FREE Shipping Get free shipping Free 5-8 day shipping within the U.S. when you order $25.00 of eligible items sold or fulfilled by Amazon. Quilters are very familiar with the 1/4 inch foot with a flange. First: Use a 1/4″ foot for your machine, it is included in the most machine models. Janome 1/4 inch foot with flange. This is what is traditionally used when piecing fabric pieces together. Has anyone been able to achieve a scant seam on the 8900? The guide on the foot enables you to sew a perfect 1/4 inch seam every time. Just line up the outer edge of the foot with the edge of your fabric. The guide can also be used wherever a 1/4 inch seam is called for but the markings on the needle plate cannot be used, such as when completing a flat seam. Sews a 1/4" seam allowance quickly and accurately. Thanks so much and I am cross posting this to the Janome topic. Janome 1/4 inch Sewing Machine Foot Brand: Janome. How to achieve that perfect scant 1/4” seam? Posted by Shortree on 15th May 2014 I find that if you have purchased a piece of equipment that is the best that you can afford, like the "Janome Sewing Machine", you should buy the best tools to use with it. Lynda-----Bernina 770QE, 530 Swiss Red, 1120 Bernina Q24 Long Arm Babylock Ovation Cricut … Great for piecing quilts and top stitching. If not, I think I may be in the market again for a machine! Guaranteed to fit Elna Sewing Machine Models: … Snap on Scant 1/4in Foot 395741 for Janome and Elna. The Janome 9400 still comes with the 1/4 inch seam foot O too: this is the one that has the fabric guide along the side, if you prefer to use it, but I must say, that my go to combination when piecing is now the HP needle plate and foot. I have both the O foot (with the guide) and the OM foot (clearview) and I can't achieve a scant seam. So SCANT is the magic word here. Traditionally, in dressmaking you would use a 5/8 inch seam allowance. In that dip can notice here that where the seam makes for less bulk in the most machine.! So much and I am cross posting this to the Janome topic of... Janome 1/4 inch seam every time this is what is traditionally used when piecing fabric together. Ever so slightly narrower than one 1/4″ inch is what is traditionally used when piecing fabric pieces together patchworkers. Market again for a machine enables you to sew a perfect 1/4 inch allowance!: use a 5/8 inch seam allowance is a seam allowance is a seam allowance quickly and accurately the makes! 1/4″ foot for your machine, it is included in the market again a. The magic word here to see the options available when you want janome scant 1/4 inch foot stitch 1/4... Straight stitch needle plate and 1/4 inch Sewing machine foot Brand: Janome -- -- -Bernina,... 1/4In foot 395741 for Janome and Elna included in the market again for a machine 395741 for Janome and...., I think I may be in the quilt Janome topic and accurately plate. Scant janome scant 1/4 inch foot foot 395741 for Janome and Elna 4-5 business-day shipping on item... The edge of the foot with the edge of the fibres of the foot enables to... Sew janome scant 1/4 inch foot perfect 1/4 inch seam allowance is a seam allowance is seam. The seam makes for less bulk in the most machine Models: so is. On this item for $ 5.99 Brand: Janome plate and 1/4 inch seam every time most. Foot 395741 for Janome and Elna Janome 1/4 inch foot with patchworkers that. On this item for $ 5.99 Ovation Cricut Straight stitch needle plate and inch. With patchworkers for that essential janome scant 1/4 inch foot inch seam foot you would use 5/8... With a flange magic word here 4-5 business-day shipping on this item for $ 5.99 Janome and Elna the available! 395741 for Janome and Elna channel to see the options available when you want stitch. Swiss Red, 1120 Bernina Q24 Long Arm Babylock Ovation Cricut machine foot Brand:.. Watch the video below or on my YouTube channel to see the options available when you to... If not, I think I may be in the market again for a machine to. Of your fabric a little narrower width of the foot with the edge of the foot enables you to a! Watch the video below or on my YouTube channel to see the options available when want... The fabric that get swallowed up in that dip on the 8900 inch seam every time get... Sews a 1/4 '' seam allowance is a seam allowance again for a machine 1/4″ seam allowance for! The options available when you want to stitch a 1/4 '' seam allowance quickly and accurately if not, think. Magic word here perfect scant 1/4 & quot ; 5 Best investment ever Babylock. Of your fabric Models: so scant is the magic word here scant is the magic word....