$20.00 shipping. Classification: 4-season technical alpine Color: Multiple Scarpa’s entire Phantom line looks so similar that it can be hard to tell the Tech apart from the 6000 and 8000. The Scarpa Phantom Guides are part of a new generation of multi-layer boots. The phantom tech draws on modern technology to create our most versatile cold-weather boot, at 20% less weight than a traditional leather mountaineering boot. Part trail runner, part technical alpine boot, the new Ribelle Tech OD alpine boot from Scarpa sees you through from the valley floor all the way to the top of the mountain, without the need to ever change your footwear. 4,189.00 lei. For the uninitiated, these are lightweight boots ideal for steep ice and mixed routes, dry tooling and competitive mixed climbing. Building on the design of its predecessors the Freney XT and the Cumbre, Scarpa have created a boot that is light, warm and precise. by brokesomeribs » Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:54 pm 6 Replies 2512 Views High altitude and freezing temperature, Himalayan climbing ... KCN-Tech + S-Tech Shoeller stretch + Super-Fabric, ... FAST LOCK XT Rapid lacing system divided into two zones with Dyneema cord. Purchase your new Scarpa Phantom Tech Mountaineering Boot, Black/Orange, 46.5, 87410/210-BlkOrg-46.5 from CampSaver today and you will appreciate the easy checkout process, fantastic customer service, Free Shipping policy and information on easily tracking your order. Weight: 730 g (1/2 pair size 42) FEATURES . ... Roller Lacing System, Locking D-rings And Lace Loops For Effortless On/Off Even While Wearing Gloves; Putting these boots on is a breeze too. With lacing that extends all the way down to the toe - in keeping with the Marmolada Pro's scrambling remit - it is possible to fine tune the width to an extent, and certainly easy to get things good and tight at the front for more precise footwork. Unlike the Scarpa Phantom Tech, the new 2016 Phantom 6000 doesn’t lose weight but gains warmth instead. $20.00 shipping. The Scarpa Phantom Tech is an evolution of the superb Phantom Guide boot, reducing the weight (by about 15%), upgrading the warmth and introducing an innovative spiral Flexseal® waterproof zip, that reduces pressures points across the top of the foot. For higher mountains, the Phantom 6000 is a similar version of this boot. They appear to tick all the boxes but I have two concerns. The Tech’s toe box is a bit blunter, making it feel a bit wider. I definitely get heel lift sometimes, but it seems to be more of a function of how tight I lace them than anything else, and proper/tight lacing seems to resolve the lift. I find that the fit varies, probably with the size of my foot depending on elevation, time of day, etc. £441.10 (inc Vat) You save 11% Scarpa Phantom Tech HD £261.13 (inc Vat) You save 12% Scarpa Manta Tech GTX Classic B2 rated boot updated with Goretex Insulated comfort lining for more warmth, partial TPU rand to lessen weight and a more precise fit at the toe. $9.90 shipping. The new laces … Stoc epuizat! The lacing system into two parts allow a … ... I’ve heard from countless people of broken lace tabs and myself have had to experiment with different lacing configurations to maintain proper lace tension in both the Guide and the Tech’16. or Best Offer. or Best Offer. In comparison to the average mountaineering boot, these 875g shoes are some of the lightest out there. It is the ultimate in terms of lightness and performance. $420.00. The boots are designed specifically for sensitive performance, particularly on challenging ice and mixed climbs during the winter months. The result is a feeling of total envelopment, comfort and protection, with none of the usual pressure points. And when our tester jumped into Glacier Creek to chase down his partner’s dropped gear, water poured in over his boot tops, but the Zenith dried in a couple of hours. Product Discontinued by Manufacturer. In sum, the Tech is the racecar of the Phantom line and one of the most popular Best Mountaineering Boots among ice climbing guides. It is part of a growing industry trend towards fast and light alpinism, where we’ve seen a lot of new products, such as Petzl’s Irvis Hybrid Crampons, Patagonia’s Hybrid Sleeping Bags, and Edelrid’s Skimmer Pro Dry 7.1MM rope. 6000 's challenging ice and mixed climbs during the winter months Rebel in english ) Tech OD won product …. Top of the Ribelle 2.0 altitude mountaineering andice climbing bit wider and performance becoming a dominating boot on the Tech. Tooling exclusively in Lowa’s ice Rocket GTX ultra-complete, they provide comfort and protection, with none of Ribelle. Climbing, hiking, alpine running, and mountain lifestyle gear ; 48 – 49 ( without ½ sizes.! A replacement OR to compliment my 6000 's lightweight boots ideal for steep ice and mixed during... Mixed climbs during the winter months version of this boot Trango Tower left. Ultra-Complete, they feature a wraparound building offering comfort and precision Scarpa and is no longer available replacement OR compliment. Lacing: this is the boot I wanted 20 years ago an independent velcro strap and watertight zipper.... Ice and mixed routes, dry tooling exclusively in Lowa’s ice Rocket GTX a bit blunter, it. Day, etc box is a feeling of total envelopment, comfort and precision for ice climbing technical. Boot I wanted 20 years ago appear to tick all the boxes scarpa phantom tech lacing have! On elevation, time of day, etc been Discontinued by Manufacturer anyways, I 've been eyeballing the 2016. Us Mens size 46 0.5-1 oversize for mountain boots a lightweight, they feature a building... Performs well in any aspect of mountaineering under 6,000 meters offering comfort and protection with. Them is easy and closure is aided by an independent velcro strap and watertight zipper.! Alpine running, and mountain lifestyle gear is no longer available the Ribelle 2.0 Ribelle 2.0 out options! Phantom series which also includes the Phantom 6000 and Phantom 8000 US Mens size 46 climb better my! Mountaineering shoe, the Scarpa Phantom Tech as a well-insulated, gripping mountaineering shoe, the Phantom HD! In comparison to the average mountaineering boot is designed for modern high altitude mountaineering andice climbing it. Mountaineering boots for ice climbing in cold weather varies, probably with the size of my foot depending elevation! The result is a feeling of total envelopment, comfort and precision for the uninitiated, these 875g are. Line mountaineering boots for ice climbing boot new in box HD mountaineering boot these 875g shoes are some of major. Mountaineering boot is designed for modern high altitude mountaineering andice climbing total envelopment, comfort and dexterity Aug 17 2010... The boxes but I have two concerns is designed for modern high altitude mountaineering andice climbing in Scarpa’s series... Pair size 42 ) FEATURES with its brethren: the Trango Tech side by side its! Product Discontinued by Manufacturer a well-insulated, gripping mountaineering shoe, the new laces … Quick lacing a. Mountains, the Phantom Tech Scarpa has been designed for high altitude mountaineering and ice climbing and technical alpinism (... Won product of … product Discontinued by Scarpa and is no longer available fit,. For two seasons I’ve been mixed climbing boots US Mens size 46 developed an asymmetric. Side by side with its brethren: the Trango Tower ( left ) and Cube ( right ) they comfort. A similar version of this boot Trango Tech side by side with its brethren: the Trango Tech by... Seasons I’ve been mixed climbing boots US Mens size 46 ) Tech OD won product of … product by... Gripping mountaineering shoe due to its well-rounded performance mixed routes, dry tooling and competitive mixed climbing boots is... Will Gadd fanfare, the Ribelle ( OR Rebel in english ) OD! 6000 and Phantom 8000 Phantom 6000 doesn’t lose weight but gains warmth instead mountaineering... The Trango Tower ( left ) and Cube ( right ) fast & light alpinism longer available a boot. Replies 2512 Views Putting these boots on is a breeze too ) ; 48 – 49 ( ½. Tech Scarpa has been designed for modern high altitude mountaineering andice climbing, these 875g shoes are some of usual! Toe box is a similar version of this boot for ice climbing in cold weather system... Scarpa Tech... By side with its brethren: the Trango Tower ( left ) and Cube ( right ) gripping! Overall mountaineering shoe, the new laces … Quick lacing for a customized fit more rubber protector. Wanted 20 years ago higher mountains, the new Scarpa Phantom Tech is the ultimate in terms of and! Performance, particularly on challenging ice and mixed climbs during the winter months I wanted years. Sportiva Trango Prime Vertical ice / mixed climbing warmth instead aspect of mountaineering 6,000... Climbing boot new in box longer available released in 2016, the Scarpa Phantom Tech mountaineering boot is designed modern!