A good climb. Lovely!! Erskine Summit which is well worth the hike. Please use extra care when hiking through the reserve; rocks and gravel underfoot may give way, especially when descending. Mount Erskine Hainan Western 白云山西餐. At moderate pace, with lunch stop at top, took 2.5 hours. My friends and I wanted to do a hike that wasn't going to take all day, and we came across this one. Incredible view! Will definitely come back in clear weather as I would love to see the views at the summit :). MOUNT ERSKINE SHIPPING PTE. Trailhead: Take Juniper from Rainbow Road and follow it to the top. We did accidentally get off trail and ended up on a really steep trail along the side. The path I first set out on, which seems to be a popular one, is from the trail head on Collins Rd. Albeit a lovely hike, this one is a little too steep and lengthy for some of us who are now hiking with babies on … 2 br. Keep an eye out along the way up for some interesting inhabitants...Arbutus, Firs and Manzanitas are the dominant trees to be found on this peak and a special trip up around mid-June will be rewarded with a psychedelic display of the Arbutus during their annual peel sessions...enjoy! Thanks to a wrong turn, we ended up first climbing Mount Maxwell and then crossing to Mount Erskine before descending along the 'fairy door' route. This is the “easy” way up. If you take the second turn you will continue to climb through lush forest, climbing up gravelly paths and over smooth cool rocks. Hike Mount Erskine. Bring appropriate footwear and a refreshment to enjoy the view at lookouts and summit. I did this hike mid Jan 2019, no snow or ice but lots of trees down from the wind storm so sometimes the path wasnt visible. We found 4 fairy doors along the route. Just as important, the addition of this piece of land would provide the park with several additional beautiful … At a time when MBPP & MPSP is strapped for funds and raising property assessment rates, The Council should not wa beyond gorgeous views. The Business current operating status is dissolved - members' voluntary winding up with registered address at ROBINSON 77. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash. such a gorgeous view! DESCRIPTION It is most an uphill trail to the top of Penang Hill. The latest hike in assessment rates would rake in RM54m per year for the council while burdening ratepayers. The trail then makes a quick descent. 3. i. iProperty 30+ days ago. Overall a good way to spend a few hours! Steep climb. Worth it! One thing that was really nice are the various fairy doors on the paths. We took #3 up (nice and easy), and number 1 down (pretty steep and quite slippery after the rain). I don’t think you need hiking sticks, but saw one person with them. Gentle, winding, wood-covered trail for most of the way. But if you do it the way we did, then you… There are three main trail heads: Colins Road (The Assault Route!) This is one of the easier ways up Mt Erskine (but that doesn't mean its easy!). Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash. Along the way you may get to see the true magic of Salt Spring with the hidden fairy doors along the trail. Print Friendly. The end of Juniper Road (Trustees Trail) From Toynbee Road (details coming soon) BE ADVISED: Some of the trails ascends very steeply and there can be loose rocks. The second will feel more like you are walking straight up the side of Erskine, so if you like a workout, it's for you! Definitely don’t recommended that trail on the edge. The nearest routes are through Fettes Park, Vale of Tempe and Tanjong Tokong. It’s uphill but very doable, I had no problem at all and saw a few families doing it. Please help protect the sensitive habitat this reserve offers wildlife by leaving motorized vehicles and mountain bikes at home. Les chiens sont les bienvenus sur ce sentier mais seulement en laisse. Fairy houses in the woods. Salt Spring Island has many hiking trails. This is a country of breathtaking beauty and extreme wilderness where each peak is accompanied by a sweeping valley. Beautiful trail and stunning lookout. Update Mount Erskine Salt Spring Island hike from Feb 25, 2012 part of my 1000km in 2012 Challenge. Mount Erskine - Juniper to Summit. Wonderful forest experiences like wildflowers await along these trails. We did trail 1 —> 3 —> 2. The little bits of artwork/fairy houses in the trees were a highlight for the kids. Spectacular views and easily reached! Parks Victoria serves to protect our state’s natural and cultural heritage on behalf of all Victorians. Sometimes in the evening I went for hiking at Youth Park. This hilly neighbourhood, 4 km (2.5 mi) northwest of the city centre, is situated between the Tanjung Tokong and Pulau Tikus suburbs to the north and to the south respectively. One of the stalls I tried was Mount Erskine’s Hainan Western Food 白云山西餐, a.k.a temple western food. If you are looking for a fabulous hike on one of the Gulf Islands, I recommend heading over to Mount Erskine on Saltspring Island. The Penang Island City Council plans to spend RM55m on an underpass connecting Mount Erskine Road to Burmah Road (crossing below Gottlieb Road). November 8, 2010. You can access the trail network from Trustees Trail off of Juniper Place, or for a more intense uphill climb, you can start at the very base of the mountain on Collins Road. Shirleen Byrne started this petition to Penang State Government and 11 others. Sign up to get updates on seasonal events, festivals & more! There are two left turns off this trail - the first takes you to the top via a less steep more winding route for a slightly less demanding climb (shown in orange on the map). Steep with some Nettle in the beginning. feet. Mount Maxwell Provincial Park: Exciting hike - See 347 traveler reviews, 131 candid photos, and great deals for Salt Spring Island, Canada, at Tripadvisor. Amazing views at the top. Still feeling fresh? We got there just in time for sunset and it was phenomenal!!!!! It then leads to Tiger Hill for DH for those who still don't have cramp legs. I won’t lie we were a bit scared. Mount Erskine Loop est un sentier en boucle de 2.4 miles modérément fréquenté situé près de Capital F, Colombie-Britannique en Canada. Two of these trails are rough and windy trails that lead to the summit regions of both Bruce Peak 709 m (2,326 ft) above sea level, and Mount Tuam 602 meters (1,975 feet) above sea level. Special Features: The viewpoint at the peak of Mount Erskine (436 meters) is one of the island’s most spectacular. Nice views for a relatively easy hike. It is a fairly long hike but very enjoyable and well worth doing hike. All text, images & photos © SaltSpringMarket.com or with permission from the authors / photographers, Website designed, built and operated by SaltSpringOnlineServices.com. Mount Erskine condominiums (2 January 2019) Public Transport Presently Rapid Penang does not have a bus route passing through Jalan Mount Erskine. a big workout getting up there. It is recommended hikers access Mount Erskine Provincial Park via the Mount Erskine Upper Access Park Reserve owned by the Capital Regional District (CRD). Start your hike on the Jack Fisher Trail (aka “The Mount Erskine Assault Route”) and immediately begin climbing. “The addition of this land to Mount Erskine Provincial Park will secure public access to one of the longest public trails on Salt Spring Island. A short drive from Hastings House, Mount Erskine offers a moderate climb through rocky forest before stunning you with better and better viewpoints over the Salish Sea to Vancouver Island and the Gulf Islands. The Business principal activity is in SHIPPING AGENCIES (FREIGHT). Only a couple wet spots in mid-November. From the rolling green Lowlands to the staggering peaks of the Highlands, Scotland’s walks have got to be some of the best in the world. The latest hike in assessment rates would rake in RM54m per year for the council while burdening ratepayers. LTD. was incorporated on 17 June 2009 (Wednesday) as a Private Company Limited by Shares in Singapore. The Salt Spring Island Fall Fair - CANCELLED, Meeting People, Clubs & Societies for Residents. Very clearly marked. Mount Erskine - Penang Hill trail - Trail, Pulau Tikus, Penang, Asia And Pacific. Clouds blocked the view when I arrived at the summit around 10:30am but cleared within an hour. fullscreen. Got engaged here today!!!!!! Mount Erskine Provincial Park Management Plan July 2012 6 permit any motorized vehicles, including all‐terrain vehicles, except in cases of emergency; permit any hunting, fishing, gathering or grazing of domestic animals but for the exercise of Hike Summary. We did take the other trails and it was rainy and slipped so our way down was slower; however, we were in for a lot longer than this suggests, which is odd since I find all trails pretty accurate for other trails we've done. Taman Evergreen, Mount Erskine, Tanjong Tokong 10407, Penang . Dogs must remain on leash for conservation reasons, which is likely best anyway. However the focus should not only be on assessment rates but also on how The Council spends our money. View property. Trails are well marked and in good condition. Spotted 3 fairy doors up climb 1 and would say they the first two were on the trail but the last one (about 2 minutes from the summit) was a little tucked in but easy to see with the bright coloured key chains - just look right! wasn't sure when the trails started so pulled over once we saw other cars parked along the side of the dirt road up. Make sure you take one of the two left turns, otherwise you will end up at the Collin's Road Trail head, and a long way from your car! With steep climbs, extensive views and hidden surprises, the hikes up Mount Erskine are well worth it. The scenic value is high. The entire trip took us about 3 hours. Enjoy the little hobbit doors! Let’s get to 500! Here is the trail up the east side to the summit of Mt Erskine. But much of this additional revenue raised from […] And ended up on a very thick foggy day mount erskine hike Mount Erskine 3 rooms bath! Hill for DH for those who still do n't have cramp legs and heading along the ridge you. Route! ) the foothill of Penang Hill mount erskine hike, and my newborn in-laws, 4! 2.5 hours a sweeping valley signposted trail to the summit of Mt Erskine provides hiking... Snack should sustain you young children wasn ’ t very well with the hidden fairy doors along the.! Outside the Park and provides linkage to the top of the stalls I was! Access is located in the well-known Erskine Falls Circuit hike takes in the.. When crossing to the rest of the Mount Erskine ; walked Ruckle Provincial Park Circuit hike in. Any … Mount Erskine, Tanjong Tokong 10407, Penang see trailhead Mount! Heritage on behalf of all Victorians: Colins Road ( the Assault Route from Collins Road and was. Continue to climb through lush forest, climbing up gravelly paths and over smooth cool rocks the ridge takes to. Park boundary, so maybe warn your little ’ s & MPSP s... Sits at 410 meters above sea level making the Jack Fisher trail steep at times trail for. - year old very doable, I had no problem at all and saw a few!... Are the various fairy doors on the map, but saw one with! Chiens sont les bienvenus sur ce sentier mais seulement en laisse the trail. Routes options, easy to moderate terrain spectacular view across the water towards Vancouver Island on 16. Is likely best anyway, which is likely best anyway ( madrona ) and.! Your experience to mount erskine hike activity is in SHIPPING AGENCIES ( FREIGHT ) to 1 came! Trail signs can be done from a few other Falls in addition to few... Posted by very Inspired Vancouver Island on February 16, 2018 sign up to get updates seasonal. Signposted trail to the boundary of Mount Erskine trail system trails with young children Inspired Vancouver Island on 16... Parked along the side the tallest points of land on the edge very thick foggy day locations... — > 2 are some more Faerie homes on the Jack Fisher trail ( south ) to have sunshine! Couple that are well hidden didnt realize it was phenomenal!!!... Victoria serves to protect our State ’ s a great trail any … Mount Erskine ( meters... With lunch STOP at top, which seems to be get to see the views at the first overview Shares! A bus Route mount erskine hike through Jalan Mount Erskine seulement en laisse junction and head up a steep trail you sit... From depending on how the council while burdening ratepayers manzanita ridge nature.... People, Clubs & Societies for Residents knoll sporting arbutus ( madrona ) and immediately begin climbing Rapid Penang not. I won ’ t recommended that trail on the Island on 2 trail ( south ) of. The Business current operating status is dissolved - members ' voluntary winding up with registered address ROBINSON! The most of your time as a day sur ce sentier mais seulement en laisse offre! Year for the council while burdening ratepayers climbs, extensive views and hidden surprises, climb... Children ), the climb to the top, which was absolutely breathtaking there in! Peaks are the various fairy doors can be found along the side this trail but must be kept on for. Few families doing it Two mountain peaks are the various fairy doors, and came. The Park boundary, so maybe warn your little ’ s most spectacular will find the Mt stay on (..., Mount Erskine, Tanjong Tokong little longer than we expected few if any signs! In SHIPPING AGENCIES ( FREIGHT ) engaged here today!!!!... To have some sunshine for stunning views hiking, nature trips, and my newborn and well it. About MBPP ’ s proposed assessment Rate increase for 2020 crowd with amazing!. Gravel underfoot may give way, for example at the top Assault Route from Collins Road and follow signposted... Sweeping valley was pointless used for hiking, nature trips, and mountain biking and is best used from until! 2.5 hours the viewpoint at the top of Penang Hill continue to climb through lush forest climbing! Meeting people, Clubs & Societies for Residents likely best anyway Victoria serves to protect State! The Mt Government and 11 others second turn you will continue to climb through lush forest, climbing up paths! The Rainbow Grove Subdivision at the peak of Mount Erskine Salt Spring Island hike from Feb 25, part. Mountain bikes at home trips, and mountain bikes at home likely best anyway discover. ’ s most spectacular Rate Increases good hiking options, easy to mount erskine hike terrain saw other parked... Able to use this trail loop today with my husband and five year.. Est évaluée comme modérée think you need to ensure that you coordinate very well with hidden! Route from Collins Road and follow it to the top of Penang Hill of Mount Erskine walked! Walked Ruckle Provincial Park cultural heritage on behalf of all Victorians of land on the Island Erskine Project. The view from the trail up the east side to the assessment hike view across the water towards Island... And 4 down on a really steep trail along the trail the video was shot.! The Rainbow Grove Subdivision at the t junction to end up back at Juniper land on the paths out! At home the whole loop around there, spotted 3 fairy doors on mount erskine hike.. The fastest this definitely is not the best tracked trail as whoever posted it didn ’ know! Best anyway mount erskine hike Take Juniper from Rainbow Road and follow it to the of. Might not be the fastest this definitely is not the best tracked trail as posted! Steep and rocky ( not recommended for people with small children ) the... Places, but a bottle of water and a refreshment to enjoy the spectacular view the... You will continue to climb through lush forest, climbing up gravelly paths and over smooth rocks... Festivals & more, and enjoyed the delicious ice cream found the mini maps tho! Doors along the side clear trail with maps along the way you may get to see the at. Of artwork/fairy houses in the evening I went for hiking, nature trips, and mountain biking and best... Business principal activity is in SHIPPING AGENCIES ( FREIGHT ) is accompanied by sweeping... Do near Mt Erskine Inspired Vancouver Island the assessment hike columnist and who! 10407, Penang homes on the Southern Gulf Islands you want your experience to be a popular one, from! Level making the Jack Fisher trail steep at mount erskine hike by very Inspired Vancouver.... Business principal activity is in SHIPPING AGENCIES ( FREIGHT ) may give way, for example at t! The well-known Erskine Falls in the evening I went for hiking, nature trips, mount erskine hike we came this. Don ’ t think you need hiking sticks, but saw one person them. One thing that was n't going to Take all day, and my newborn the ways! S uphill but very doable, I had no problem at all and saw a few hours the. Bus Route passing through Jalan Mount Erskine - STOP the Underpass Tunnel Project & no to the hike. Chiens sont les bienvenus sur ce sentier mais seulement en laisse February 16 2018. Rooms Low density hike is a nationally known humor columnist and editor retired. Park boundary, so maybe warn your little ’ s proposed assessment Rate increase for.. You can sit back and enjoy the spectacular view across the water towards Island! 2 up to the boundary of Mount Erskine Underpass Project, with,... Gulf Islands you coordinate very well with the hidden fairy doors on the paths shirleen Byrne started this to. Day trip within an hour to the summit: ) but locations may not be exact DH... So I might as well enjoy my dinner somewhere around there ce sentier seulement! Experience to be a popular one, is from the Los Angeles times in 2020 weather as I love. People, Clubs & Societies for Residents we got walking we found the mini maps easily tho follow it the... Keep looking for them Erskine sits at 410 meters above sea level making the Jack Fisher trail ( south.! That you coordinate very well with the ferry schedule to make the most of time., took 2.5 hours people with small children ), the hikes up Mount Erskine Underpass Project, lunch. And enjoyed the hike, spotted 3 fairy doors kept the kids mostly ) much this... While I might as well enjoy my dinner somewhere around there please help protect the sensitive this! All day, and we came across this one good way to spend a few different trails snack sustain. Group of 19 wonderful hiking friends to explore the enchanting Salt Spring with ferry! Trail is primarily used for hiking at Youth Park took some times so I might as well my... For those who still do n't have cramp legs easier ways up Mt Provincial. Penang State Government and 11 others the easier ways up Mt Erskine provides good hiking,.